We were all set to finally dig into the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary (can you imagine if we got to V50?) offerings, but I made the mistake of saying we should cover business first and that took up the whole hour. Doh! So, next week for sure, although I did threaten to call Eddy late one night later in the week.
So, we did talk a lot about the 2015 WW Schedule, but I can’t go into that. We talked a little about the state of the Kickstarter industry as a whole and my intentions of how to continue to experiment there. And of course, we talked about how CCP is going to get up the new WW website redirection page for their license partners (that’s us!) and will close the WW Forums real soon. If you’re reading this, I assume you already know that we have relocated as much of the WW Forums to the Onyx Path Forums as we could here, and things are really rolling well- thanks to everybody who came over and really made our forums a welcoming place for everyone. I’m absolutely going to get on there a LOT more as I can.
Our Demon: The Descent Prestige Edition Kickstarter is now down to 9 days, and we’re rolling through the Stretch Goals- of particular interest to folks is that we have added a discount coupon for the DtD PoD to every pledge that includes the physical Prestige Edition because that Stretch Goal has been unlocked. Also, we’re headed to a Stretch Goal now of a PDF for backers called Heirs To Hell, which was suggested by backers as a book they’d like to have in the KS Comments. More info on that here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/demon-the-descent-prestige-edition/posts/677411 Check it out while you still can!
Updates with Minimal post-Thanksgiving Progress:
- Blood and Smoke: The Strix Chronicle (VtR) First proof is in Rose’s hands for review, things are looking good. Just a handful art still coming in.
- Mummy the Curse - The MtC Ready Made Characters Pack PDF tweaks are in layout. Cursed Necropolis DC writing is being developer-passed.
- Exalted 3rd Edition: While John hunkers down to rewrite the Charms chapter he is also changing some of the ways he’s been doing these to enable more to get finished, the rest of the team is working on a couple of EX3 chapters that continue to be finalized for Editing: MA’s are totally done. War Charms, Ride, Survival, Resistance Charms done. Playtesters really excited that the Charms they are testing have new diversity and can be used to create characters that aren’t all the same. The Charms enable players to design characters that aren’t the same even if they take the same Charms- Holden used two Brawl characters as an example, saying that a grappling brawler and an improvised weapon brawler were both easy to build out of the Brawl Charms. Also during that Skype call, Holden sent me his notes on the first Chapter- the Exalted are “this” chapter that we intend to be an inspirational explosion of gorgeous art that works as both an intro to the types of Exalted in Creation for new players, and also to demonstrate to experienced Exalted players just what’s there so everyone can immediately grasp how EX3 has evolved from previous editions. Notes have been sent to our cartographer on the locations to be shown on the map.
Both EX3 novels as well as Zub’s EX3 Comic are in progress, and I just read through the initial format/scope document for the EX3 Music Suites- the music team is thinking of putting up their own video diaries documenting the creation of the EX3 Suites. Links when I have them.
- V20 Hunters Hunted 2: Supposed to be shipping this week. HH2 Fiction Anthology was not done there at the end of last week- this week for sure, no really.
- V20 Anarchs Unbound is in layout and we are still putting the pieces together for its KS, but that’s been delayed until after the Demon KS (see above).
- Deluxe Werewolf 20th Anniversary Edition: Supposed to be shipping this week. The Heavy Metal Deluxe W20 prototype was approved and they are slowly assembling and binding the books by hand. Mike Lee has a new batch of chapters of the W20 “Houses of the Moon” novel for Bill to review. Bill has the W20 Anthology stories in layout. Jess Hartley has submitted the White Howlers Tribe Book to Stew Wilson for development notes which Stew says he id doing right now if his back doesn’t give out, and the W20 Cookbook is fully in layout with our cookbook expert- Affable Aileen Miles.
- Deluxe Mage the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition has Phil is wrapping up the last sections of the book. Reviewing full pages in b&w first from Mike Kaluta.
- W20 Changing Breeds PoD files and Deluxe book files are being prepared. The Changing Breeds Fiction Anthology is being contracted by developer Jess Hartley.
- W20 Rage Across the World: In approval. The PDF will go to Deluxe W20 backers first as an appreciative gift for their patience, and then up on DTRPG.
- W20 Book of the Wyrm is being art directed and is layout. Three names: Spencer, Ellis, Rebner.
- V20 Rites of the Blood: is ready for layout, but layout is not yet ready for it, art finals rolling in.
- Under the Darkening Sky (classic Dark Ages): In editing. Art getting approved.
- Trinity Continuum: New System ideas continue being hammered out. John Snead, Aeon developer and writer has already started sending material to Ian for review. T’aint it the truth.
- Scion: New Systems discussion continue.
- Demon: The Descent: Files at indexing. The Demon: the Descent Kickstarter campaign has done great! (See above)!
- Hunter: Mortal Remains: Two chapters are in editing already and we have a new title instead of the previous two fake ones.
- Book of the Deceived (MtC): First drafts are coming in to CAS, who is red-lining away. Red-lining is the stage where the developer makes notes in the writer’s text for changes (called red lining because a red pen was used originally to mark up the paper manuscripts).
- nWoD: Dark Eras: Writers are writing.
- V20 Dark Ages: Scribes are scribing. Check out the discussion on the WW Forums and these very blogs. Talking to a pretty famous artist about this project- only still talking yet, though.
- DtD Players Guide: Flowers Of Hell?: Being written by the sputtering blue-white light of a badly shaking bulb in an shaking abandoned building next to the Philly El.
- V20: Ghouls: Mind map created at LA by Night being transformed into a full-fledged project outline which has been sent to authors.
-V20 Red List: Still in final draft stage.
Reason to Drink: We’re so sad that Eddy loves business more than Doctor Who.