Cavaliers of Mars call for playtesters! [Cavaliers of Mars]
As Cavaliers of Mars surges forward, I’m looking for more players to test our latest system designs. Thus, I’m launching a small-scale external playtest.
Here’s what I’m looking for in a group:
- Can play a short session of at least three scenes in the next two weeks, in-person or online.
- One GM and at least two players. Some mechanics will be balanced based on the idea of more than one hero, although scaling guidelines will be provided for different party sizes.
- Enthusiastic about rules-light games which put narrative power in the hands of players.
- Able to provide feedback on the gameplay experience from both the GM and player perspectives.
Here’s what the test will consist of:
- Character creation.
- At least three scenes, including both action scenes and investigation or social intrigue.(If you like, you can use the quickstart scenario, just with the updated rules. You can also make up your own scenario. The packet will include guidelines for creating challenges and antagonists.)
- A post-mortem e-mail summarizing the session and describing the good, the bad, and the overall flow of both character creation and gameplay. I will also provide specific questions to be answered.
If you’re interested and able, please e-mail email@example.com with the following information:
- Contact e-mail address for whoever’s organizing.
- Legal names and contact e-mails of the testers in your group. I need these to fill out your NDAs.
- Where you heard about Cavaliers of Mars and this playtest.
Fair warning: I will only be able to accept a limited number of playtest groups.
Thank you very much for your interest and help! I look forward to hearing from you.