Hey look, some Clan symbols. I put these up because I just got the proposed outline for Blood Diaries of the Clans (current title) from Eddy Webb and these were two of my favorite ones that I did. Reading through his instructions for the writers was pretty cool, as was his confirmation of his continuing development of the book. Which was not a guarantee after last week. Fortunately, Eddy’s love of V20 continues to be healthy, so we can look forward to his work on the line for at least a little while. Which is a good thing.
He and I had a Monday Lunch Meeting today, as we have had for years, and which was derived from the original Production Monday Lunch Meetings I had with my department at WW through the 90′s (if I ever hear “Mmmm, Subba-Wubba?” from Josh Timbrook again, I’ll just plotz), which was derived from the original all-WW lunch meetings that we once had in 92-93 where White Wolf bought lunch for the whole staff once a week. Of course, there were only a dozen of us then.
Obviously, the vast majority of our talk this week was fallout from the closing down of the WoDMMO, and how he and Michelle, his wife, are adapting. Surprisingly well, would be the answer. One thing I’ve seen these last few layoffs is that our many, many friends on social media really do provide a positive and encouraging backdrop to real, in-person, communications during these sorts of upheaving life events. It’s not the same as a good heart-to-heart, but hearing from all your FB friends adds another kind of support.
We talked a good deal about life choices- and the relative merits of a freelance career vs working in a company. This being a personal discussion topic for years as I tried to gather the gumption to go off on my own (and which ultimately led to Onyx Path), I rendered the opinion that ultimately an in-house job is no more stable in the modern business world than a freelance one, and contains less flexibility. But some people need and prefer the office lifestyle, and it is hard to keep your head together when you work out of your house and are alone in your office most of the time. Even for someone like myself who, according to the latest Facebook poll, hates people.
Things we love that we’re working on:
- Mummy the Curse - Cursed Necropolis DC- waiting for CA to return the final approval proof so we can get it to CCP for their approval too.
- Exalted 3rd Edition: From Holden: Solar Charms and Evocations work continues, and Martial Arts final refinements are being put in place in tandem with the Evocations. Antagonist chapter material continues to come in to get finalized and assembled. The EX3 Quickstart outline and preliminary writing has been reviewed and approved, setting that product on-course toward completion. The various parts of Chapter Five (Systems & Drama) are being assembled in their final configuration out of eight different working drafts, barring end-of-playtest tweaks.
Zub’s EX3 Comic has been approved by CCP and we’re getting it ready for sending to KS backers. Both EX3 novels are being worked on, and I have a synopsis from Matt Forbeck to review. Starting to get one of the EX3 Music Suites to a finished state, the Dragon Blooded theme but our composer got caught in a time crunch with another project which is why we haven’t gotten much done lately.
- V20 Hunters Hunted 2: US/Canadian missing packages being gone through case by case- at this point I should have messaged all of you back. Posted an Update asking for missing International packages last week, and starting to review each one as per the US ones.
- V20 Anarchs Unbound : Preparing the PDF+ files to send to backers.
- Deluxe Werewolf 20th Anniversary Edition: As with HH2, US/Canadian missing packages being gone through case by case- at this point I should have messaged all of you back. Posted an Update asking for missing International packages last week, and reviewed each one as per the US ones and will be sending the addresses to the international shippers. The Heavy Metal Deluxe W20 is done and ready for shipping. Mike Lee has a new batch of chapters of the W20 “Houses of the Moon” novel for Bill to review. The White Howlers Tribe Book is in dev review. W20 Wyld West is in layout and art is in approvals.
- Mage the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition- had a great talk with Satyr Phil and the Onyx Path gang and we were able to schedule the next books after M20- but finishing that developmentally is still the primary job for Phil and Bill. The Character Pack book and the “How Do You DO That?” book look like the first two next projects up.
- Mage 20 Quickstart: Being printed, we want to get it done and shipped in time for Free RPG Day.
- W20 Changing Breeds PDF and PoD versions are on sale at DTRPG! The Deluxes are being finished at press. The Changing Breeds Fiction Anthology is in first proof.
- W20 Book of the Wyrm is in layout. This will be the next Kickstarter project in a week or two if everything times out as expected. We think this book should appeal to W20 and W20 Changing Breeds fans alike. Getting this KS together, bit of a delay with the stuff happening mentioned above which just cut into prep time
- V20 Rites of the Blood: is ready for layout, but layout is not yet ready for it, waiting on one artist for finals.
- Trinity Continuum: New System ideas continue being hammered out. Hoping to see combat examples as the System Doc gets finished up.
- Scion: New Systems discussion continue. Both Scion and the TC above are now moving into active mode for 2014. Contracts and art notes out for the Scion: Origins cover.
- Demon: The Descent: Demon is now available in PDF/PoD/PDF&PoD combo versions. The Demon: Ready Made Characters PDF link has been sent to backers- getting ready to set the PDF and PoD versions for sale on DTRPG. Demon Seed Collection is in redlines. DtD Seattle is also in redlines. Heirs to Hell is in editing. Demon Translation Guide is being written. The Demon Fiction Anthology + Interfaces is in first drafts.
- Hunter: Mortal Remains: Is in layout.
- Book of the Deceived (MtC): Redlines.
- nWoD: Dark Eras: Second drafts coming in.
- V20 Dark Ages: Scribes are scribing 2nd Drafts. David Hill has delivered some art notes.
- DtD Players Guide: Flowers Of Hell: In layout and waiting for art.
- V20: Ghouls: In redlines.
- V20 Red List: In final draft stage.
- The Making of the Art of Children of the Revolution: Out to backers who pledged for it. Creating PoD files to go with PDF for sale on DTRPG.
- W20: The Umbra: In second drafts.
- WtF: The Idigam Chronicle: First drafts coming in. Keep an eye on the blogs and forums here- lots of good discussion happening right now: http://theonyxpath.com/category/projects/werewolftheforsaken/
- GtSE: Geist Ready Made Characters: In redlines.
- Also: nWoD Skull and Scion Pantheon shirts now on the RedBubble T-shirt site.
Reason to Drink: Wasn’t there a holiday last weekend? Was working, so…