Now Available: Hurt Locker and Secrets of the Covenants!
Now available in advance PDF from DriveThruRPG: Chronicles of Darkness: Hurt Locker.
“Of course it hurts. Everything hurts. If you’re alive, you hurt. Don’t think of yourself as bleeding out; think of yourself as more alive.”
Horror is all about the stakes. And most commonly, pain, injury, and death are those stakes. Hurt Locker is all about the stuff that hurts. We talk why it hurts, how it hurts, and how to deliver pain at your table beyond just rolling the dice and marking health boxes.
Hurt people hurt people. We’re talking ramifications of violence and how pain perpetuates pain down the line. We’re talking about how even after wounds heal, scars always remind you.
Hurt Locker features:
- Treatment of violence in the Chronicles of Darkness. Lasting trauma, scene framing, and other tools for making your stories hurt.
- Many new player options, including Merits, supernatural knacks, and even new character types like psychic vampires and sleeper cell soldiers.
- Expanded equipment and equipment rules.
Hurt Locker requires the Chronicles of Darkness Rulebook or any other standalone Chronicles of Darkness rulebook such as Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition, Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd Edition, or Beast: The Primordial to use.
Also available in advance PDF: Secrets of the Covenants for Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition.
“They say to judge a man by the company he keeps. By this measure, as by any other, we are liars and monsters.”— Getter Kahn, Bishop of Filth
Vampires gather under many banners. But five have endured the tumult of Western history better than any other. The Carthian Movement. The Circle of the Crone. The Invictus. The Lancea et Sanctum. The Ordo Dracul. Each has its fierce devotees, its jealous rivals, and its relentless enemies. Now, for the first time, the covenants speak for themselves.This book includes:
- A variety of stories from each of the covenants, all told in their own words.
- Never-before revealed secrets, like the fate of the Prince of New Orleans.
- New blood sorcery, oaths, and other hidden powers of the covenants.
Unfortunately we’re unable to offer the PoD of A Festival of Blades: A Cavaliers of Mars Jumpstart today as we originally planned due to some technical issues, but we’re working on it. Soon!