I was going to use another full-page piece of art from The Hunters Hunted II as the header art for this post, but then the Pope resigned, and how often can you use this Palpatine-looking photo on your blog? As for the title, well it’s pretty interesting that this Pope news is breaking just as we’ve added The Inquisition and Project Twilight write-ups to The Hunters Hunted II because of passing Stretch Goals on it’s Deluxe version Kickstarter- and are heading towards adding The Arcanum into the book as well. Coincidence?! I think not!
We’ve never used a Kickstarter to add actual content to the book being KS’d before, so it’s been a pretty cool experiment. You can check it out here because we still have a week to go: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-hunters-hunted-ii
Also, here’s an article with an interview with Justin Achilli with one of our German friends: http://obskures.de/2013/world-of-darkness-deluxe-hunters-hunted-ii-an-interview-with-justin-achilli
Eddy and I talked a fair bit about the economics of RPG production and how “sharpening the saw”, getting your internal processes in line, doesn’t directly affect how well a project sells, but is so very important in making sure you can produce those projects. Certainly, Onyx Path is in need of, and is currently doing, just that. Eddy’s favorite example is how easy it was to get an answer to a question about something, or to brain-storm ideas, when you could just pop down the hall in the old WW days. Now we need to use Skype, or Goggle Hangouts, and schedule a meeting that works for everyone. But we can work with folks all over the world. So that’s the trade-off.
Then my computer crashed, for no particular reason except it heated up. Finished up on the phone discussing who could write the extra Hunters Hunted II content that has been added on by the KS Stretch Goals, with Eddy stepping in to Develop that stuff so Justin can concentrate on the other stuff.
- God Machine Chronicle (nWoD) is in Layout and some art is being CCP Approved.
- Strix Chronicle Fiction Anthology (VtR) Strix is into Editing.
- Mummy the Curse - Gathering all the Backers’ Credits names from the Surveys so Mike can add them to the book. CAS has culled the various bits of errata, and Mike has already changed them. Working the Mummy schedule still.
- Exalted 3rd Edition: First art sketches coming in. Our intention is to have some smashing new pieces ready for the EX3 Kickstarter in February. The DEVs are currently head down and deep into the Charms section. Lots of stuff on the Reddit AMA about EX3.
- V20 Hunters Hunted 2 is in for CCP Approval. Obviously, we’ll need to run all the extra sections past CCP after they’re written and laid out as well. The Kickstarter for the Deluxe edition has already done wonderfully well, and we’re excited to see what additional Stretch Goals will be revealed (see above for how you can determine the added material for the book).
- V20 Anarchs Unbound is almost done in post writing Development. You can check out Unlife in the Anarch Domains here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ymvzia_aSfCtl501GyJE1JH39VMBkW2Xs-xsOuyW1kA/edit
- Deluxe Werewolf 20th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter Mike Lee is half-way through his novel. W20 to the indexer. The Storyteller Screen and Wallpaper are up for CCP approval. Bill is preparing the W20 Anthology outline and looking for prospective writers. Putting the W20 KS Stretch Goal projects into the schedule. The Skinner is ready for Editing.
-Deluxe Mage the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition has been confirmed for September-ish 2013 and Phil Brucato has started assigning writers and has started writing his part. Talking to a guy about the art.
- W20 Changing Breeds is also in Art Direction and Editing.
- W20 Rage Across the World is in Art Direction.
- Guildhalls of the Deathless (MtC) is being written.
- Conventionbook: Progenitors (cMtA) is done in Editing, art is going to CCP for approval.
- Mage Translation Guide has begun being written, we have an Editor ready.
- W20 Book of the Wyrm is being written and red-lined. Check out the W20 blog notes: http://whitewolfblogs.com/w20/
Reason for Drinking: Early Valentine’s Day dinner (the only one we could schedule) with my beautiful wife is at a place with both a Pimm’s Cup and a Capt. Morgan’s Old Fashioned on the menu.