Wow- where did November go? So Eddy and I caught up on the holiday, some positive infrastructure evolution at CCP USA, and only a little talk about Rise of the Guardians, which I was hesitant to see based on reviews and then enjoyed when dragged there by my kids. Lots of very pretty and evocative visuals (the Easter Egg monoliths were very cool), and a deeper look at the myths underlying the Guardians than I expected. Made me wonder what a Scion campaign based on the idea that you’re descended from kid myths like those would be like, and whether that’d be Scion for adults or something that parents could play with their kids. So we riffed on that for awhile. Also a bit on protecting CCP/WW’s IP rights and why efforts are made, even for little issues, to legally enforce them- if any rights owner doesn’t actively defend those rights the law allows an “erosion” of those rights and eventually, you lose them. Of course, this is all Eddy and my layman points of view, not legal opinions. But mostly we talked about administrative issues that happen behind the scenes and then did a run-down like you’ll see below. Sorry- not our most exciting MML notes.
- We’re doing a different sort of sales thing with DriveThruRPG that started on Black Friday: basically pop-up sales that last for about an hour and are for some outrageous deal. First time trying this, it takes a lot of man-hours over at DTRPG (thanks, Matt!), and so far our feedback has been mixed. Do you folks like stuff like this? Let me know. Also- it’s still going on!
- Silent Knife (VtR) was pulled back off the release schedule when, as I read through the book, I found a couple of places where the paragraph font size suddenly jumped a couple of points. No idea why, but we had to fix that and try and get a new proof. Not a major issue, but it just looks bad.
- The God Machine Chronicle Fiction Anthology (nWoD) is on sale now at DriveThruFiction (and cross available at DTRPG too I believe) and reviews are very positive so far. If you love WW Fiction, if you’re interested in The God Machine generally or interested in the upcoming Chronicle game book specifically, I encourage you to check it out. Available in our standard PDFor PoD formats but also in ePub and Mobi for fans who like to read on their tablets.
- Conventionbook: NWO (cMtA) a new PoD version is on its way to me as the first one had a few file errors. Which is why we do proofs before going live. Still looks good for November- we will get this out as scheduled!
- God Machine Chronicle (nWoD) and Strix Chronicle Fiction Anthology (VtR) Strix is still being written. As some folks might have read on Twitter, God Machine is in editing and tight, tight development.
- Mummy the Curse is still coming to me as a 2nd proof tonight, I’m told. We still want to get an editor on creating a strong index for this before we can go on sale. Still pulling together the KS.
- EX3 to say again: Slated for Feb 2013 now. Just talked with the Devs and things are moving along nicely here- because of the intricate machine that is Exalted, each change has to be carefully fit into the whole. And that is taking time. But the manuscript is coming together, the systems are in developer playtests in preparation for being sent to external playtesters, and art notes are being written soon. Not Kickstartering this this year-we’ll get back to you on when, but Feb 2013 looks good.
- V20 Hunters Hunted 2 is in Editing and Art Direction this week, and Anarchs Unbound‘s outline is out to writers and on the V20 blog: http://whitewolfblogs.com/v20/.
- Deluxe V20 Children of the Revolution is on its way to the shippers from the printer- I still need confirmation that it got there. The PDF and PoD versions is on sale at DriveThru RPG. If you didn’t get involved with the KS for this, now is your chance to pick up this beautiful and cool book. Justin and company went all out to present awesome characters, and the art is stunning.
- Deluxe Werewolf 20th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter is over and I’m preparing the surveys to get back to backers this week.
-Deluxe Mage the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition has been confirmed for September-ish 2013 and Phil Brucato is on the case!
- W20 Changing Breeds is also in Art Direction and Editing. We have to get backer info and photographs from the w20 Deluxe Kickstarter backers so that folks who are going to appear depicted in the art can get us in photos for reference.
- Guildhalls of the Deathless (MtC) is being wriiten.
Reason To Drink: A salute to Ryan Macklin and his writing team and Mike Chaney, AD and layout artist extraordinaire, who have pulled Convention Book NWO together and worked hard to get it out on time!