So, I was running late with some holiday errands and our lunch meeting was somewhat shorter. We didn’t talk at all about The Hobbit, but I’m sure we will. At length. (Around 50% of my fantasy gaming characters are dwarven, and I think I can forgive Peter Jackson for allowing Gimli to be a punchline in much of LotR. But, more on that later). Today, Eddy and I went over the fact that CCP NA will be on vacay from Sat to Jan 2 or 3, so the Mummy: The Curse proof they are reviewing will probably be the last thing OK’d this year. I’m just looking at the next, maybe last but maybe not, proof of Werewolf 20th, so I don’t think that’ll be out this year. Which is unfortunate but I’m glad we had an event for this 20th year of WtA with the wild Kickstarter we had for it.
But we will be doing the Mummy Kickstarter starting tomorrow Tuesday the 18th, at 12 noon EST. It took longer than I expected for the KS approval, but we got it this morning. So this alert will give everybody almost 24 hours to be ready for it to go live so that you all can pledge the reward tiers you want. Now, we are doing something a bit different with this one and I want to explain it a bit here: unlike the last three Kickstarters we have done, this one doesn’t start out as a Deluxe project. Instead, we’re asking contributions to help us create a traditionally printed, hardcover, two-color interior book that has the same look and feel as books like the core nWoD book, or the core Vampire the Requiem, or Changeling the Lost, or other core game-line books. That way, we can keep both the goal amount and initial buy-in reward tier for a physical copy less expensive than the deluxe books we’ve done via KS before. The cost will be comparable to what VtR or CtL ran back in the day. THEN, if we can pass the Stretch Goals, we’ll add Deluxe Features like gilded page edges, silk bookmarks, and eventually a cool embossed leatherette cover treatment. (And there will be other fun Stretch Goals in there too, like with W20). So, in the interest of continuing to respond to and work with our great community, how deluxe we get is up to the backers, and there’s not such a high barrier to folks pledging for a physical copy. It’s an experiment, so we’ll see how it goes.
This will probably be the last Monday Meeting post of the year, although my intention is to post a Year In Review post in this space between now and our next meeting. I’ll look at what we did this last year, and look forward towards the great things we’ll be doing next year.
And here are some of them now:
- God Machine Chronicle (nWoD) is done Editing and into Art Direction now.
- Strix Chronicle Fiction Anthology (VtR) Strix is still being written.
- Mummy the Curse is waiting for word from the CCP Review Board this week and the index is being compiled- check out our Facebook page where Genevieve Podleski asks for your thoughts on the Mummy index: www.facebook.com/TheOnyxPath . The Kickstarter will go live at 12 noon EST, Tuesday, December 18th! Check the notes above for more details.
- EX3 to say again: Slated for Feb 2013 now. Looking to talk with the Devs this week to get a tighter look on where all the moving parts are. Not Kickstartering this this year-we’ll get back to you on when, but Feb 2013 looks good.
- V20 Hunters Hunted 2 is done Editing and in layout as the art comes in for review.
- V20 Anarchs Unbound‘s outline is out to writers and on the V20 blog: http://whitewolfblogs.com/v20/.
- Deluxe V20 Children of the Revolution is shipping and should be done shipping today except for a couple of Reward Tiers that need personal handling. The PDF and PoD versions are on sale at DriveThru RPG. If you didn’t get involved with the KS for this, now is your chance to pick up this beautiful and cool book. Justin and company went all out to present awesome characters, and the art is stunning.
- Deluxe Werewolf 20th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter Compiling Surveys. Mike Lee is writing his novel. Looking at second proof of layout today.
-Deluxe Mage the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition has been confirmed for September-ish 2013 and Phil Brucato is on the case!
- W20 Changing Breeds is also in Art Direction and Editing. We have to get backer info and photographs from the w20 Deluxe Kickstarter backers so that folks who are going to appear depicted in the art can get us in photos for reference.
- W20 Rage Across the World is done development and needs to be AD’d and edited- check out the W20 CB blog notes: http://whitewolfblogs.com/w20/
- Guildhalls of the Deathless (MtC) is being written.
- Conventionbook: Progenitors (cMtA) is being written.
Reason To Drink: Tis the Season. Also Thorin Motherfuckin’ Oakenshield.