Tuesday is the New Monday (This Week)
Hey, sorry not to post yesterday- pieces of things that had to be handled all happened to land on Monday. Also, as an aside, you might notice we dropped a few graphics here and a few widgets on the Onyx Path site. We’re working with our webhost to manage our increased audience and pulled back on those things until we have it figured out- so thanks for checking us out and here’s a crappier looking site in return.
For now though- we’ll actually be prettier when we get back to normal.
A short lunch meeting with Eddy today as he’s neck-deep into project planning on the WoD MMO team, so we had to squeak a meeting in between planning sessions. Having gone through those sessions during my 3 years on the MMO team- I know how intense that is. Seems like there were some bigger issues than normal with the WW website, wikis, and forums, and Eddy tells me the IT guys at CCP are looking into it. And pretty much an hour after he told me that, I was able to get on the forums again. Thanks, CCP! With a bunch of approvals last week: art, God Machine proofs, and the Free RPG Day project all were OK’d, we had a fast review of the other things coming their way, and some old WW contracts and files were found by their office that Eddy’s going to send to me for Onyx‘s archives. While I was writing this, I was listening to an interview with Eddy that goes into the background of how Onyx Path came into being and how we work together now , check it out: http://dorkland.blogspot.com/2013/04/dorkland-roundtable-with-eddy-webb.html
– God Machine Chronicle (nWoD) Approved by CCP. At DriveThruRPG for file review.
– Strix Chronicle Fiction Anthology (VtR) Strix is into Editing.
– Blood and Smoke: The Strix Chronicle (VtR) is in a crisis right now. Two of our writers had to drop out of the project because of very real personal issues, and Rose has been talking to replacement writers all weekend and thinks she has everything lined up, but these new writers are starting at square one for their sections of the book. More news next week, but I expect this will delay the book at least a month.
– Mummy the Curse – The single volume PDF and standard color PoD, as well as the “virtual box set” PDFs are on sale and doing great. We’ve added separate product listings for the Player’s Book, the Screen PDF, and the SAS. Cover template for traditionally printed MtC special edition in hand and soon to press.
– Exalted 3rd Edition: No change here as both John and Holden have been smashed down by nasty chest colds- hard to do voiceovers when you sound like a cartoon. We still have everything ready except for a completed video with voice-overs from the Devs, art, graphics and cool music working together. The Devs are still in the Charms section, and have assembled most of the text we’ll be teasing with Updates throughout the Kickstarter. We’re looking at sketches for the new Exalted map.
– V20 Hunters Hunted 2: New sections are in layout and almost all the art is in and in for approval. Rather than tacking them on at the end, we’ll be adding a chapter before the Appendix as that just works better for the flow of the book. Justin is reaching out to writers for the HHII Fiction Anthology and has signed Bill Bridges, Rich Dansky, Alan Alexander, Matt McFarland, and more to come.
– V20 Anarchs Unbound is in editing and we are getting art for it.
– Deluxe Werewolf 20th Anniversary Edition: Sent the Deluxe W20 files to the printer (both Standard Deluxe and the Heavy Metal Edition). The W20 PoD versions look good right now, and without promising to do so, I think this will go live at DTRPG really soon. Mike Lee is three quarters-way through the W20 “Houses of the Moon” novel. The Storyteller Screen files are going to press with W20. Bill has prepared the W20 Anthology outline and contracting prospective writers. The Skinner is out of Editing and still in Art Direction. Jess Hartley is writing the White Howlers Tribe Book and the W20 Cookbook is being outlined. Check out some news here: http://whitewolfblogs.com/w20/2013/03/18/w20-cookbook-update-white-howlers-outline/
–Deluxe Mage the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition has Phil Brucato writing like a maniac and developing his writers, also like a maniac. Art notes and contracts out to our full-page artist, once we have some feedback from him I’ll look a posting an art blog along with Phil’s developer notes. Phil and I had a huge talk about other artists we’d love to work with on the book.
– W20 Changing Breeds is in layout.
– W20 Rage Across the World: Most of the art is in but a bit continues to trickle in.
– Guildhalls of the Deathless (MtC) is being written.
– Conventionbook: Progenitors (cMtA) is at review at CCP.
– Mage Translation Guide is almost done in Editing.
– W20 Book of the Wyrm is being written and red-lined. Check out the W20 blog notes: http://whitewolfblogs.com/w20/
– Trinity Continuum: we’re talking about the big, big picture stuff that will affect the entire Continuum as opposed to individual games/settings. Big conference call this week.
– Scion: some very impassioned creators sharing their ideas at this very early stage. Scion: Extras, has had a huge number of downloads- thanks! We’ll be offering a PoD version later on that we’ll charging for, and will probably drop a small price tag on the PDF as well, so get it free now.
– Demon: The Frutang: lots of example of play commentary including from Black Hat Matt McFarland’s play test are up on the new Demon blog: http://whitewolfblogs.com/demon/
– Free RPG Day Project: Reap the Whirlwind, for VtR, is a combined 64 page booklet that combines a revised version of “Into the Void” and additional rules files from the Strix and God Machine Chronicles. This will be available at participating friendly local game stores June 15, I think, and is at press.
Reason for Drinking: Ahhhh, W20 files to the printer- now I think I need a double for when the EX3 KS is ready!