We’re in a week with progress, but a lot of that is way behind the scenes, so not even a highlighted project to show right now. We wrestled the Mage20 Quickstart (not Kickstarter) to press today thanks to heroic efforts from Satyros Phil Brucato, Mirthful Mike Chaney, Dauntless David Hill, and Rollickin’ Rose Bailey, and that should arrive as a physical thing in time for Free RPG Day Saturday, June 21st at friendly local game stores near you. We originally had a different plan to support Free RPG Day, but with the onset of the M20 KS, we used the opportunity to do a physical M20 Quickstart as a Stretch Goal and tied it to Free RPG Day because we really do want to help support game stores everywhere. We hope you’ll take the opportunity to stop in to your favorite local store and pick up a copy, and also check out what else they have on their shelves.
And once we pass a certain period after June 21st, we’ll send backers their PDFs and put the whole thing up live on DTRPG for the PDF and PoD versions as usual.
Eddy and I talked about his weekend at the 221b Convention for all things Holmesian, and the coolness of being recognized by Vampire fans there, or by readers of his blog. Eddy was also a huge part of our rush success in getting the M20 QS out to press today, as he shepherded the PDF through approvals with all due speed. We had little to speak of in terms of the entertainment we each watched last night: I, of course, enjoyed the new season of Game of Thrones (particularly the last ten minutes), while he watched some sort of wrasslin’ event that seems to have stirred up the wrasslin’ infrawebs. Be ready for next week when Eddy assures me he will give me an in-depth analysis of why the show was such a shock to the audience, and how the WWF (is it?) is embracing new media options.
He’s also finally able to view True Detective and finds it delightfully bleak. Heh, yeah.
Bunch of Gen Con prep starting here in Onyx Path central. With this year being our first with our own booth, we’re trying to set up exactly what sort of experience the booth should invoke. Lots of black, duh. Some sales being done for core books and the like, but not a sales oriented booth or experience. Some swag. More of a chance for you all to come by, have some face time and more in-depth discussions of your favorite lines with some of our devs and writers and the Onyx Path crew. We’ll have panels, as usual, although split up a bit differently this year, and we’re trying to get all our demo games together in the same space. So if you want to sit in and play a game, it’ll be easy to find where to go. Let me know if there’s something you’d like us to do at Gen Con this year.
Progressing Progress Progressively Positively Propounded:
- Mummy the Curse - Cursed Necropolis DC is in layout and looking for dev comments to the last proof.
- Exalted 3rd Edition: From Holden: On the Charms front, Lore is nearing completion– John is now climbing the slopes of Wyld-Shaping Technique. You can actually build a combat-support Twilight around Lore now. Artifact crafting is being calibrated to provide maximum hooks for Craft Charms. Chapter Four (Traits) is being finalized across the board– Merits are done, Attributes and Abilities are done, Caste two-page spreads are done, the Great Curse is done, etc. Once advancement systems are finished, which should happen later today, that chapter will be a done deal. (We’ve decided to put the XP table and rules at the end of Traits this time, rather than hiding it in the Storytelling chapter.)
Zub’s EX3 Comic is almost finished being illustrated and both EX3 novels are being worked on. Starting to get one of the EX3 Music Suites to a finished state, the Dragon Blooded theme.
- V20 Hunters Hunted 2: US/Canadian missing packages being gone through case by case- at this point I should have messaged all of you back. Posted an Update asking for missing International packages last week, and letting those trickle in before reviewing each one as per the US ones.
- V20 Anarchs Unbound : The extra text on the added Free State is being worked on- plus an added Free State that Justin was so passionate about that we’re including as a bonus.
- Deluxe Werewolf 20th Anniversary Edition: As with HH2, US/Canadian missing packages being gone through case by case- at this point I should have messaged all of you back. Posted an Update asking for missing International packages last week, and letting those trickle in before reviewing each one as per the US ones. The Heavy Metal Deluxe W20 is almost done with assemblage. Mike Lee has a new batch of chapters of the W20 “Houses of the Moon” novel for Bill to review. Jess Hartley has the White Howlers Tribe Book in second drafts. W20 Wyld West is in layout and art is coming in.
- Mage the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition- the Deluxe M20 Kickstarter KS was awesome and came in finally as our second highest funded KS evah! Other than the M20 Quickstart mentioned above, we’re letting Amazon Payments do their thing with the pledges, and we’ll see what the end result is next week.
- Mage 20 Quickstart: To press.
- W20 Changing Breeds PDF and PoD versions are on sale at DTRPG! Deluxe files are printing, and embossing. The Changing Breeds Fiction Anthology is ready for layout.
- W20 Book of the Wyrm is in layout. This will be the next Kickstarter project in a week or two if everything times out as expected. We think this book should appeal to W20 and W20 Changing Breeds fans alike.
- V20 Rites of the Blood: is ready for layout, but layout is not yet ready for it, waiting on one artist for finals.
- Trinity Continuum: New System ideas continue being hammered out. Most of the Aeon setting material is in. Logo discussion has started. We’re looking at starting some preliminary blog posts. We’re looking at posting the New System for community review before we roll it into either Scion or the TC, so getting that ready. Had an excellent art meeting two weeks ago- we’re looking for the right artists for both the Trinity Continuum Core Book and TC: Aeon books.
- Scion: New Systems discussion continue. Both Scion and the TC above are now moving into active mode for 2014. Contracts and art notes out for the Scion: Origins cover.
- Demon: The Descent: As above: Demon is now available in PDF/PoD/PDF&PoD combo versions. The Demon: Ready Made Characters PDF link has been sent to backers. Demon Seed Collection is in first drafts. DtD Seattle is in first redlines. Heirs to Hell is in final development. Demon Translation Guide is being written.
- Hunter: Mortal Remains: Is in post editing development.
- Book of the Deceived (MtC): Redlines. The loss of a writer means their section has to be given to a new writer, CAS is on top of it.
- nWoD: Dark Eras: Second drafts except for one chapter which is in first drafts.
- V20 Dark Ages: Scribes are scribing 2nd Drafts. David Hill is working on some art notes.
- DtD Players Guide: Flowers Of Hell: In layout and waiting for art.
- V20: Ghouls: In redlines.
- V20 Red List: In final draft stage.
- The Making of the Art of Children of the Revolution: Out to backers who pledged for it. Creating PoD files to go with PDF for sale on DTRPG.
- W20: The Umbra: In redlines.
- WtF: The Idigam Chronicle: First drafts being written. Keep an eye on the blogs and forums here- lots of good discussion happening right now: http://theonyxpath.com/category/projects/werewolftheforsaken/
- GtSE: Geist Ready Made Characters: In redlines.
- Also: nWoD Skull shirts being set up on the RedBubble T-shirt site.
Reason to Drink: Hmmm. The very last snow has melted- take that, Winter!