So, Monday Meeting on Tuesday as I had to postpone yesterday. Eddy is feeling much improved from last week, except going up and down stairs, and is ready for the panels next week at Atlanta by Night. But not ready for LARPing- too much movement involved. I suggested he take legless as a Flaw, and Eddy responded with a wise and knowing “Shut up”. Our good buddy and art approval contact Matt Milberger is leaving CCP for the West Coast and LucasArts (good luck, matt!), so Eddy was “promoted” to be both my project and art approval contact with CCP. Every time Eddy said “promoted” I could hear the air quotes even though he wasn’t making the gesture. As we talked about it though, he expressed his feeling that we’re in a really good spot in terms of the art approvals and that particular process is pretty smooth now. I can’t argue that as recent approvals have indeed gone smoothly, but wished he hadn’t said that out loud- now we’re jinxed! With that we looked at recent projects, discussed which writers really get Mage mechanics (Aha, but which Mage? Or both?), went over my blog post on the Onyx Path website about this last month since Gen-Con http://theonyxpath.com/its-a-month-since-we-announced-and-wow/, and talked about the Deluxe W20 Kickstarter. Which brings us to:
- I’m writing the Deluxe W20 Kickstarter page right now! I need to finish, get approval from KS, and give everyone 24 hours notice before turning it loose. I know you’ve all been waiting to get involved, and the elements that delayed this have really dragged on- the nonUS shipping was a real shock- but we’re rolling now. So before we get there, let me ask that once again everyone please remember that this is not simply a pre-order of W20 but the chance to really dive in and use Kickstarter as a way to talk about and be part of putting this deluxe edition together. With V20 we had a WW store and infrastructure to take pre-orders and get them out and that was it- no extra rewards, no chance to really talk as a community. You are enabling us to make this if you contribute, and we couldn’t do it without you- yeah, you right there!- so revel in that power you have!
- V20 news: Children of the Revolution printer files went to the printer, and Print on Demand files went to DriveThru. Still need to hear if they’re OK. I’m starting on the Making of the Art Book later this week, and Matt McElroy is still a-writin’ the V20 Red List. The last of the V20 Companion folks who returned their info so we can create a character sheet with portrait by Ken Meyer, Jr. has contacted me, so if you are waiting for the sheet we’ll be getting those out as soon as Ken is done. Justin is red-lining (developmentally editing the final text) of Hunters Hunted 2 and threatens to have a video ready soon for its Kickstarter.
- A new blog post for W20 Changing Breeds will be going up later today I hear from Stew Wilson, and development continues on apace with that and Rage Across the World.
- Exalted 3 is being written and developed while Geoff Grabowski and I argue over whether Art Nouveau is a look we could ascribe to the setting. Also, I did more drawings of the sig characters and almost have them where we can all discuss them.
- Blood Sorcery: Blasphemies and Sacraments went live at DriveThruRPG last week and continues to sell steadily. I really enjoyed art directing the book- what do you folks think about it?
- Just saw the cover laid out for Left Handed Path for nMtA and it looks cool, and the book should be proofing right now. Waiting on the Silent Knife cover and that should enable that book to get approved and out, and Mike Chaney almost has all the art for Convention Book: NWO in and is starting layout on it.
Reason to Drink: I’m sure I forgot to update a particular project and someone out there is going to yell at me. We drink to ease the pain. <sob>