Hopefully, as I write this, our good friend Eddy Webb is recovering from his ear operation and everything went well. Knowing him, he’ll be tweeting his status as you read this. But with Eddy away, I’m taking over the Monday Lunch Meeting blogs, Mwa Ha Ha Ha! But without Eddy, there’s not much real conversation here, so I’ll jump right into the updates:
- Like we mentioned all of last week, but which I’m repeating here: the announcement at GenCon was that my new company, Onyx Path Publishing www.theonyxpath.com, has been creating and selling all the nWoD, cWoD, and Exalted projects you’ve been enjoying since January as we’re the official licensee of those tabletop lines from WW/CCP. And we’re really excited about the schedule for the next year. Also, we have plans for reimagining Scion and the Trinity Universe (or Trinity Continuum? What do you think?) of games, as we now own those lines outright.
- The Deluxe W20 Kickstarter hasn’t started yet as I received so many interesting ideas at GenCon that I sent a few of them out for pricing in order to include them as rewards. Also, and this was something we emphasized time and again during the Kickstarter panels at GenCon, shipping these big books continues to be a challenge in terms of pricing. Right now, I hear that any package over 4 pounds will be at least $50 for shipping to Europe, and W20 is sure to be at least that, as was V20. So, ouch! I need to incorporate that pricing into the reward tiers.
- Speaking of Kickstarters- and it seems everyone in paper RPG-land is- the Deluxe V20 Companions have all shipped except for a few broken addresses that I’m fixing right now. It was a longer and stranger trip than Justin and I planned, but that’s what happens when you do something for the first time. What’s amazing is that we did this pretty much ourselves with a talented pool of freelancers and outsourced printing and shipping. But what’s important is that it’s a damn pretty book and a book worthy of putting next to V20 itself. And if you didn’t back the Deluxe Edition, the PDF and PoD versions are on sale now at DriveThruRPG.
- Blood Sorcery for VtR may just hit this week on DriveThruRPG, but I think it more likely to go live early next week. We were real close on hitting the schedule here, but it all depends on how fast I can see a proof copy of the PoD book.
- The Silent Knife novel will definitely slip to September, but we do have an ePub version we’re testing right now so we can give folks more access to one of the first tasty bits of fiction we’ve had out for Vampire in a few years.
- Mummy the Curse is still in layout. Check out the Making of Mummy panel on the Onyx Path Facebook page: www.facebook.com/TheOnyxPath And we’re still looking at getting a KS going for Mummy once the W20 one goes live.
- The Left Handed Path for nMage and Convention Book: NWO for cMage are both being art directed and edited.
- The God Machine Chronicle Anthology stories are all in Matt McFarland‘s hands and his team is working on writing the game book right now as well.
- I owe John, Holden, and Geoff signature character sketches for EX3 which is powerfully coming together. Holden and I will be talking this week so I can get a bit more detail on where things stand.
- W20 Changing Breeds and Rage Across the World are being written, and Justin is furiously developing Hunters Hunted 2 for V20.
- We have had amazing response to, and gratifying interest in, what we have planned for Scion, Trinity, and Cavaliers of Mars. I know Russell Bailey is full steam ahead on the Cavaliers main book, and I’ve had emails and calls all last week and into this from writers and developers who’d love to help with reimagining the other two lines. More as we have it, and mostly on the Onyx Path site.
- The WW Forums were down this last weekend for no reason we know of, but they are back up now and should be OK barring crazy weather blown up from Hurricane Isaac.
Reason To Drink: Let’s hoist one to the health of Eddy Webb, may his ears be ever hearful, and his hair be ever curly. Get well soon, buddy!