That’s really what this week feels like. So many things are so close to getting out to everybody.
But first, the Monday Lunch Meeting. We really hopped all over the place conversationally. First, Eddy and I talked a little game design. It’s no secret that some of the Onyx Path Dev teams are working on the re-imaginings of Scion and the Trinity Continuum, and one of the primary things they’ve been tasked with to start is how to create a dice-pool system that scales from man in the street to god-like. With that, we discussed the thrill of the dice- the visceral feeling of throwing a heaping handful of dice. Now, I get that. Seems like some folks really, really get that as the story has come back to us of a gaming group that regular rolls nigh unto a hundred dice for their upper level dice pools. A hundred! Any of you folks do that? It certainly begins to explain why I get ongoing requests for new dice sets.
I filled Eddy in on my dinner and drinks with CA Suleiman last week, as we ran through the Mummy: The Curse schedule and Reward fulfillment and what the future might bring. It was great to talk about old times, and how excited we are at Mummy‘s success. There are already several very positive reviews up on the interwebs, and according to CAS, he has some great surprises in store in the upcoming books. Because Onyx Path‘s whole structure is spread out around the world, it’s really a joy to get together and strategize or just hang out face to face. We talked briefly about the new single-volume editions of V20 available at DTRPG now that their PoD printer has both overcome the page count restriction and added a Standard and Premium options for their color printing. V20 is getting a whole new hierarchy of PoD options very soon- I have the sample one volume color hardcovers here and they look great!
Finally, we got some great news from CCP Marketing who are footing the bill to send Eddy to Gen-Con again this year. They don’t have to do this- Eddy’s not part of Onyx and is really busy with the WoDMMO, but they know that our fans have enjoyed the Rich and Eddy presentations so much for the past several years that we always have an avid audience that nobody wants to disappoint.
I know I’m going to hear that very emotion from folks as they read through our updates this week, but we really are crazy-close to getting a bunch of these out to you finally. You must hang on!:
- God Machine Chronicle (nWoD) I’ve reviewed the second proof and now it goes into CCP for their review.
- Strix Chronicle Fiction Anthology (VtR) Strix is into Editing.
- Mummy the Curse - Put in the order for the 2nd proof PoD copy- hope to see it late this week. Still waiting on a cover template from the printer now that the final page count has been settled; we’ll get those files out to start the creation of the traditionally printed KS version. Character Sheet Pack rewards went out to Backers last week, and we fixed the sheet replication issue this weekend- check your Library on DTRPG for an Updated version. CAS and I reviewed the Mummy schedule and should have harder dates for most of the Stretch Goal rewards soon.
- Exalted 3rd Edition: Looks like this Kickstarter is happening end of March now as things come together slowly. The Devs are still in the Charms section, getting together the text we’ll be teasing with Updates throughout the Kickstarter, and getting their vocal cords tuned for the KS video which we got a script together for.
- V20 Hunters Hunted 2: New sections are in layout and we’re getting art for them. Rather than tacking them on at the end, we’ll be adding a chapter before the Appendix as that just works better for the flow of the book.
- V20 Anarchs Unbound is in editing ad we are getting art for it. We’ll be contacting the Children of the Revolution backers who pledged to be models in AU this week.
- Deluxe Werewolf 20th Anniversary Edition: The backer feedback was integrated and we’re expecting to get the PoD files and maybe the Deluxe printing files out tomorrow! Mike Lee is three quarters-way through his novel. The Storyteller Screen files will go off to press with W20 and the W20 Wallpaper went out to Backers. Bill is preparing the W20 Anthology outline and looking for prospective writers. The Skinner is in Editing and Art Direction. The White Howlers Tribe Book is with a writer (the always delightful Jess Hartley) and the W20 Cookbook is being outlined. Check out some news here: http://whitewolfblogs.com/w20/2013/03/18/w20-cookbook-update-white-howlers-outline/
-Deluxe Mage the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition has been confirmed for September-ish 2013 and Phil Brucato has started assigning writers and is churning through writing his part. Art notes and contracts out to our full-page artist, once we have some feedback from him I’ll look a posting an art blog along with Phil’s developer notes.
- W20 Changing Breeds is almost out of Editing.
- W20 Rage Across the World: Most of the art is in but a bit continues to trickle in.
- Guildhalls of the Deathless (MtC) is being written.
- Conventionbook: Progenitors (cMtA) first proof is to Ryan.
- Mage Translation Guide is in Editing.
- W20 Book of the Wyrm is being written and red-lined. Check out the W20 blog notes: http://whitewolfblogs.com/w20/
- Trinity Continuum: we’re talking about the big, big picture stuff that will affect the entire Continuum as opposed to individual games/settings.
- Scion: some very impassioned creators sharing their ideas at this very early stage. Joe looked through a secret project I threw at him out of the blue. He liked it. You might like it too, it might be out in a few weeks.
- Demon: The Frutang: some example of play commentary from Black Hat Matt McFarland’s play test will be going up on the new Demon blog.
Reason for Drinking: As soon as I get the EX3 Kickstarter submitted, or Mummy: The Curse on sale, or W20 to press, I’m taking a slug for sure .