I actually had much more of a “coming soon!” blog in mind, as up until a couple of hours ago we were still in a holding pattern with the folks at Kickstarter. Then, badda-bing!, they approved our next crowdfunding project for Scion: Titans Rising… and also Titanomachy!
That’s right! This Kickstarter is so that we can traditionally print Titanomachy and also its sequel: Titans Rising! TR is entirely new to y’all, and of course, Titanomachy has already been a smash-hit in PDF and PoD versions on DTRPG! It got such a great response that we figure that getting it traditionally printed and into stores along with its sequel will give a whole ‘nother audience a chance to check them out!
And for that, we need this Kickstarter campaign (where you can pledge for both books or either of them) that starts next week!
You can sign up and be sure to get notified before it goes live right here:
Just to give you folks a little idea of what’s actually in Titans Rising, here are some thoughts from two of the book’s developers:
Titans Rising will bring the titans of pantheons from Demigod, God, Once and Future, and Masks of the Mythos to fans, giving them the full length and breadth of the World and its antagonists. It provides rules for Titanic Scions at the Demigod and God levels of play, and explores the implications of the Second Titanomachy on the World, and on your games both as a player and as a Story Guide. All in all, Titans Rising provides options for all player options, regardless of which side of the Titanomachy they find themselves on.– DAVID CASTRO
Playable Titans. Playable Titans, Playable Titans, playable Titans. Play them at any tier! Play them as heroes, monsters, or complicated, multifaceted individuals! Play them in the chapter of story hooks and tracks we’ve provided, or weave them into your ongoing games. Give them new Callings, Birthrights and Knacks.
Most of all, play them to finally call the Gods on their bullshit.– CAT EVANS
Hope that piques your curiosity and you’ll join us on Tuesday the 29th!
MORE MONDAY MEETING MOMENTS
Hard to believe that just last week we finished the BackerKit crowdfunding campaign for Trinity Continuum: Aegis! We absolutely love how folks have taken to the setting – this particular era in the Trinity Continuum – and are looking forward to finishing it up and providing folks with the TC: Aegis Atlas stretch-goal as we expand on ideas around the world.
Thanks to all of you who contributed your thoughts and to everyone who pledged!
Speaking of the Trinity Continuum, this Wednesday we have what we’re calling an Advance PDF+ for TC: Assassins going on sale on DTRPG! It’s an adventure designed for VTT play called Rat In a Burning Cage and your team is tasked with rescuing (?) or killing (?) a target hiding out in a Colombian town!
Matthew Dawkins has something to say about that, actually:
Movie Screenwriter, Producer, and Director William Friedkin died a couple of weeks ago. Why is this important to this blog? Other than his being responsible for the marvelous Exorcist, he also directed the less well-known Sorcerer, which directly influenced the upcoming Assassins VTT Adventure in terms of setting and tone. Our adventure is set in a town in Colombia where retired assassins, mercenaries, and folk on the run go to hide out without fear of extradition. Your characters must infiltrate the town and retrieve someone your bosses want saved / extracted / silenced!
The adventure (by wonderful author, Kim Godwin) is a fast-paced one involving investigation, action, and of course a little social back and forth. We’ve been pretty experimental with it too, with audio files going along with our counters, maps, and pre-made characters.
Assassins has been a big hit for us on DriveThruRPG, so if you enjoy playing button men, this is a product you’ll definitely want to check out. And once you do so, please leave a rating and review!
In addition to the usual VTT assets (maps and tokens) in addition to the adventure, Rats In a Burning Cage contains:
- Digital versions of the Handouts/Artifacts
- Printable versions of the Handouts/Artifacts
- Printable battlemap to use with tokens
- Incidental sounds and music
- Alternate versions of the Handouts/Artifacts as sound files (aka phone recordings and things like that).
So really, this should be useful for you whether you’re going full VTT, doing some play with friends online, or playing in-person at your table.
We haven’t done one of these with so much stuff before, so we’re really looking forward to hearing your thoughts after it goes on sale on Weds.!
Like I mentioned last week, a bunch of our crew are taking well-deserved time off for vacations as we get to the end of August. (Isn’t it weird how so many of our institutions and businesses are still keyed to the end of Summer?) So our meeting today was pretty quick as part of our crew was coming back from vacay and others were prepping to go. Nobody had time to waste!
And that was even after we had a decent discussion on how to proceed with Titans Rising/Titanomachy since we hadn’t yet been given approval by Kickstarter!
Hope all of you have enjoyed your Summers so far, stayed dry and stayed cool, and had the chance to play a bunch of games! (I mean, I might be downloading Baldur’s Gate 3 sometime this week, so I’m not just talking about TTRPGs either!)
(It’s research, y’know?)
We have to play games to understand games. We learn both what works, and what doesn’t. What inspires and enthralls the players and what repels and offends them. We’re constantly learning, sometimes painfully – but always with an eye towards improving our:
MANY WORLDS, ONE PATH!
Coming Tuesday, August 29th! Titanomachy and Titans Rising!
Onyx Path Media!
Dixie, D, and Eddy take random prompts and each spend five minutes brainstorming game ideas in the latest episode of Five Minute Pitches!
As always, this Friday’s Onyx Pathcast will be on Podbean or your favorite podcast venue! https://onyxpathcast.podbean.com/
Please check out our attached media schedule for the videos on our Twitch channel this week! In particular, keep those eyes open for our Storypath Showcase, where we give an excellent profile of our various Storypath games and how to play them!
MEDIA HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
If you’re looking for a beginner’s guide to Scion: Demigod, AwkwardGMCorbin is the vlogger you want to watch! There’s a whole series of his videos on our YouTube channel now, with Demigod starting here: https://youtu.be/QNDkQZk3yHY
The Onyx Path News discusses recent and upcoming releases! You can find it on our YouTube channel (click the bell to be informed when we go live!) but if you missed the last episode, here it is: https://youtube.com/live/-uiJywqk0DU
They Came From Beneath the Sea! on Roll20 VTT!
Here are some more shots from the They Came From Beneath the Sea! Compendium!
And there’s also the Scion Jumpstart, all ready for Roll20 VTT fun!
More news and links when we have them!
The Scion: Origin and Scion Hero Compendiums are now available on Roll20!
Scion is just the start! They Came From Beneath the Sea! and other
Onyx Path RPGs are in development for Roll20 virtual tabletop!
The first of our official Scion sheets designed for Foundry VTT are
Direct Link: https://foundryvtt.co
Looking for more virtual tabletop resources? We have a selection of
Tokens, Encounters, and more available now at DriveThruRPG!
Get ’em here: https://bit.ly/3SnrNJ7
Our Sales Partners!
We’re working with Studio2 to provide our traditionally printed books out into your local game stores. Game stores can order via their usual distributors, and can also contact Studio2 directly. And individuals can check out our projects via the links below!
Looking for our Deluxe or Prestige Edition books, dice, and screens? Try this link! http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Onyx-Path-Publishing/
As always, you can find Onyx Path’s titles in PDF and PoD versions at DriveThruRPG.com!
The 2nd half of the Summer of Darkness Sale is live on the Storytellers
Vault marketplace. Almost all of our World of Darkness PDFs are
The Cosmic Horror/Cthulhu Mythos Sale on DrivethruRPG has launched and
we have Scion: Masks of the Mythos, They Came From Beneath the Sea,
and a few Chronicles of Darkness titles included:
Amazon and Barnes & Noble!
Check out Melody Through the Mirrorshade Lens and Facets of Truth, as well as Trinity Continuum: Terat and The Hollow Courts on Kindle in the Kindle store!
On Sale This Week!
Hiding out in an immoral town in Colombia is your target.
You have your mission.
Failure is not an option.
But playing VTT is! This Wednesday on DTRPG we present Rat In A Burning Cage, a VTT Adventure for Trinity Continuum: Assassins! In Advance PDF+!
As we are slowly returning to attending conventions in person after the current COVID-19 outbreak, keep an eye out here for more physical and virtual conventions we’re going to be involved with!
GameHoleCon (Oct 19th – 22nd) has updated their Exhibitor list, and we’re on it!:
Game Night With Onyx Path Publishing at Start.Playing is this Friday the 25th! Come play some Trinity Continuum in celebration of the Trinity Continuum: Aegis crowdfunding we just finished! (But any of our game lines are welcome all day long!)
Please spread the word about GMing games as much as
possible. Details on how list a game are at the bottom of the page in
Project status updates!
Our full list of projects will be available monthly on our blog! Check out July’s full list report here:
DEVELOPMENT STATUS FROM EDDY
Here are the projects that moved to the next stage of production:
Exalted – Exigents Companion: Miracles of Divine Flame
- Danielle: Hi, I’m totally Danielle! Exigents is divine and also on fire.
Realms of Pugmire – Threats and Curs (was Pugmire Monster Book)
- Eddy: After some unavoidable delays, I’ve finally reviewed all the amazing enemies in this book and sent my redlines back to the writers. There are a lot of really cool concepts in here, adding a wide variety of new ideas for Guides!
Scion – Scion: God Player’s Guide
- Matthew: Player’s Guides are always big hits with our fans, and this one should be a big one. Look out for a flurry of new playable tools, some of which we’ll soon tease on the blog!
Tasty Bit – They Came from Camp Murder Lake!: Cabin in the Woods
- Eddy: Matthew knocked it out of the park the first time, so the redlines and final draft phases were really short. So it’s zoomed along to development!
Scion – Titans Rising (was Titanomachy 2)
- Matthew: Our next Kickstarter approaches! Check the blog for the development trio’s teasers regarding this next big Scion book!
Exalted – Deeds Yet Undone (was Exalted Essence Adventure Trilogy)
- Danielle: Hi, I’m totally Danielle again. Deeds Yet Undone are somewhat done now!
ART DIRECTION FROM MIKE CHANEY!
In Art Direction
- Ex3 Many Faced Strangers – Artists need more reference so we’re on a: Reference Hunt!
- Ex3 Eight Directions – Navella is gonna handle the maps… Maria is meeting with all the studios she can while she’s on vacation.
- Ex3 Exigents – Going over new batches of sketches. So far nothing major needing fixing.
- M20 Faces of Magick – Trying to get this thing AD’d. It’s a lot of portraits.
- SCION God 2e – Getting this rolling now that I’m back.
- SCION Titans Rising – At KS for approval.
- Ex Essence Novella I – What Lies Forgotten – With Dixie.
- Ex3 Across the 8 Directions – Interior can be layed out while waiting on the maps. It can also be proofed while waiting on maps. To Josh.
- SCION Once and Future – Mike doing it….
- TCF Classified – Most of the art is in…. so it’s ready for layout and Ron Thompson.
- Wallpapers for Essence – At Paradox for approval.
- Ex Essence Screen – At Paradox for approval.
- Scion Dragon Jumpstart
- TC Adventure Addendum
- Ex Essence Novel 2 – Scoundrelsong
- TC Anima
- TC Anima – Errata incorporation this week so we can get the index going.
- TC: Adventure! – Reviewing press proofs.
- TC Adventure Storyguide Screen and Booklet – Printer quoting.
- Exalted Essence – Quoting with Printers.
- W20 Apocalyptic Record – Interior and endpages done… working on LtD cover.
- W20 Apocalyptic Record Screen & Booklet – Printer quoting.
- M20 Lore of the Traditions – Errata input and page xxs. Also working on the printer quote for the LtD version.
- Legendlore: Legacies of Earth – Prepping PoD files.
- Ex 3 Crucible of Legends – Getting Incopy stuff over for errata input.
- TC Assassins VTT Adventure – Advance PDF+ on sale this Weds on DTRPG!
Today’s Reason to Celebrate!
30 years ago today, a whole bunch of us stood in the White Wolf booth surrounded by stacks and stacks of purple books – waiting for the doors to open in the Gen Con Exhibit Hall. Within moments, the tide of humanity rushed in…right towards US! The line for our newest core WoD book stretched around the exhibit hall! It was magickal that day – the premiere of Mage: The Ascension! And here we are, thirty years later, still fortunate enough to be able to create more projects in the MtA world with our Lore of the Traditions (still on Backer Kit!) for M20 (ten years since that anniversary?!) and the projects from that crowdfunding event!