Like the above art we are scribing like mad here at the Onyx Path. So I’m going to be briefer than normal today.
Part of that is sorting through and assembling lists of pitches, so Thanks! everybody who posted your ideas for projects for Chronicles of Darkness, Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition, and Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition last week. We just had so many excellent ideas, many with really interesting descriptions and reasons, that I could do little but watch them pour in and marvel at the variety.
Rockin’ Rose wanted me to pass on her thanks for all the Vampire pitch ideas in particular, she really appreciates them!
Yes, it’s a circus here right now. Besides running through the pitch ideas in order to submit a new schedule to the new White Wolf Publishing, we’re settling the lingering shipping issues with the Deluxe Mage 20 ship-out, and starting shipping on the Deluxe V20 Lore of the Clans, and getting out backer discounts for Exalted 3rd Edition PoDs.
I’m also setting up the Deluxe Changeling 20th Edition KS surveys in BackerKit. I tried out BackerKit for our Pugmire KS, and thought it worked so smoothly to extend the KS, in that if you missed the KS you can still pre-order the books and screens and such, that I thought I’d try it on one of our Deluxe KSs. So if you missed the Changeling 20th KS, keep an eye here for the link to the Deluxe Changeling 20th Pre-Order page.
Here is Pugmire‘s Pre-Order page if you want to get in on the Doggy Goodness: https://pugmire-fantasy-tabletop-rpg.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
And speaking of Pugmire, our buddy Rick Carroll gives Eddy and I a podcast-tastic interview all about the beginnings of Pugmire and Onyx Path and what we are looking at doing next. It’s a huge list and I scramble to try and hit even the highlights! http://rickacarroll.com/podcast/episode-0021-pug-life-eddy-webb-rich-thomas/
Finally, today is the 9 year anniversary of the release of the first edition of Scion: Hero. So very hard to believe that it has been that long, and now we are actively planning the Scion 2nd Edition Kickstarter! So very cool, and I even just sent over the first new art notes for the new edition for a big battle scene in the city streets to Mirthful Mike.
Scion as a game line surprised a lot of people in that it proved that WW was still one of the only big tabletop companies that could create an entirely new game line that sold, and I think that the new edition is going to build on top of the first in a way we rarely see with 2nd Editions. A huge part of that has been the untiring efforts of Naughty Neall Raemonn Price; first as the team leader for the StoryPath System, and then with his work as Scion 2nd developer.
Check out below for a special sale on DTRPG that we are running this week to celebrate!
And now, back to work!
DriveThruRPG celebrates the 9th anniversary of Scion being launched by putting all Scion PDFs on sale for 30% off! https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/4261/Onyx-Path-Publishing/subcategory/8329_8569/Scion
Here’s the link to the press release we put out about how Onyx Path is now selling through Indie Press Revolution: https://theonyxpath.com/press-release-onyx-path-limited-editions-now-available-through-indie-press-revolution/
Children of the Unconquered Sun arise! Exalted 3rd Edition in both PDF and PoD versions will go one sale at DriveThruRPG.com on Wednesday!
The Black Hand returns! V20 The Black Hand: Guide to the Tal’Mahe’Ra Advance PDF is available on DTRPG! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/179023/V20-The-Black-Hand-A-Guide-to-the-TalMaheRa
Beware the Beast: the Primordial PDFs and PoDs NOW on sale at DTRPG.com! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/162443/Beast-The-Primordial
- The complete guide to playing a Beast in Chronicles of Darkness
- A game system designed for crossover with the other Chronicles of Darkness lines
- A look at the Beasts and their broods all around the world, from Vancouver to Tokyo
- Rules for Heroes, the deluded individuals who think that this is their story
The Demon Storyteller Guide has dropped its cover and is on sale as a PDF and a physical copy PoD on DTRPG! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/170165/Demon-Storytellers-Guide
The Demon Storyteller’s Guide includes:
- Expanded information on angels, including a look at how Incarnations apply to them
- A extensive look at the spy genre and its permutations and how they apply to Demon
- Three “setting hacks,” including an examination of Demon in the Bronze Age
The Chronicles of Darkness Core Rulebook looms out of the shadows, and is now on sale with PDF and PoD versions on DTRPG: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/168428/Chronicles-of-Darkness
Chronicles of Darkness RPG rulebook contains:
- A guide to creating characters to explore a world of modern horror, from hopes and fears to psychic powers.
- Dramatic rules for investigation, social manipulation, and bone-crunching violence.
- Over a dozen monsters straight out of weird fiction and urban legend… plus complete rules for creating your own.
- The God-Machine Chronicle, a massive collection of sample characters and techgnostic adventures.
- Formerly titled nWoD Core Rulebook 2nd Edition.
The Pugmire Early Access book is for sale in both PDF and PoD formats! Check out the beta-rules for our family-friendly fantasy game of uplifted dogs exploring a world they never made! Lord of the Rings meets Planet of the Apes, but with dogs!
Gen Con 2016 planning has started. We’re starting to plan our booth demo schedule and our 2016-2017 Brochure and a Scion/Trinity/StoryPath brochure, too.
Here are some cons Fast Eddy Webb will be attending! Talk to him about V20 and Pugmire and Sherlock Holmes and Oxford Commas:
Matt McFarland (2Ms) and Matt McElroy (3Ms) are guests at Marcon: http://marcon.org/ (May 6-8th). They’ll be doing a “What’s up with Onyx Path?” panel on Saturday the 7th. Some Onyx Path brochures and some Condition Cards will be given away.
And now, the new project status updates!
First Draft (The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
- M20 Book of Secrets (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Exalted 3rd Novel by Matt Forbeck (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- CtL fiction anthology (Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition)
- Ring of Spiragos (Scarred Lands)
- VtM Endless Ages fiction anthology (Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition)
- BtP Building a Legend (Beast: the Primordial)
- Scarred Lands Player’s Guide 5E: Ghelspad (Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- Trinity Continuum Core Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
- DA V20 Dark Ages Companion (Vampire 20th Dark Ages)
- Trinity Continuum: Aeon Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
- M20 Gods and Monsters (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- V20 Dark Ages Anthology (Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition)
- VtR A Thousand Years of Night (Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition)
- Dagger of Spiragos – Pathfinder Version (Scarred Lands)
- EX3 Quickstart (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Scarred Lands The Wise and the Wicked (Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- Arms of the Chosen (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- The Realm (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Dragon-Blooded (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Cavaliers of Mars
- Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition
- Wraith: the Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition
- W20 Changing Ways (Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition)
- V20 Lore of the Bloodlines (Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Beast Ready Made Characters (Beast: the Primordial)
- Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition, featuring the Huntsmen Chronicle (Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition)
- W20 Pentex Employee Indoctrination Handbook (Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition)
- CofD Hurt Locker (Chronicles of Darkness)
- Scion: Alpha (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Signs of Sorcery (Mage: the Awakening Second Edition)
- Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes (Beast: the Primordial)
- Beckett’s Jyhad Diary (Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition)
- DA Tome of Secrets (Vampire 20th Dark Ages)
- The Prince’s Gambit (Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition)
- CofD Dark Eras Companion Cleopatra Mummy content (Chronicles of Darkness)
- MtC Mummy Novel (Mummy: the Curse)
- Scarred Lands Player’s Guide: Ghelspad (Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
ART DIRECTION FROM MIRTHFUL MIKE:
In Art Direction
- W20 Shattered Dreams
- Scarred Lands PG
- Dark Eras Companion
- Secrets of the Covenants
- Necropolis Rio .
- W20 Kinfolk
- V20 Ready Made Characters
- EX3 Backer Charms – Finals coming in and being reviewed.
- Beckett’s Jyhad Diary
- CofD Hurt Locker
- Mummy Novel
- Promethean: the Created Second
- V20 Ghouls
- Ex 3 core book – From RichT: PoD and PDFs on sale to the public this Wednesday, backers will get the discounted PoD links before that. Now on to prepping the actual deluxe traditionally printed files.
- Curse of the Blue Nile – Proofing.
- Mage: the Awakening Second – At WWP for approvals.
- WtF2 The Pack – At WWP for approvals.
- Beast Screen – At shipper.
- Beast Prestige Edition
- Lore of the Clans LtD Edition – Shipping to backers this week.
- Lore of the Clans Screen – Shipping to backers this week.
- Beast Anthology
- Dark Eras
- V20 Black Hand – Advance PDF is live and errata collecting ends this week.
Special- projects on hold in the art and production area until an external factor is resolved
- Wraith 20 – Art direction and layout can’t go further until art notes come in, still being developed by Rich Dansky.
- Pentex Employee Indoctrination Manual – Some added and amended text needs to come in.
TODAY’S REASON TO DRINK: Games of Thrones Season 6 on Sunday! Will Tyrion wear Space Shorts?
73 responses to “All Pitched Out [Monday Meeting Notes]”
Out of curiousity, since this is my first OP kickstarter book to get here, how long did past books take to print, once the files were at the printer?
Depends on the book. Deluxes take a lot longer than Prestiges: Exalted will take longer than anyone thinks reasonable.
Whew! I was afraid the Deluxe Ex3 would com out quickly… Uh, that’s just a little irony, but know that I’ve ever had faith in RichT! You’ve never let us down, sir.
I was more asking RE: Beast.
Well, as a Prestige edition, Beast should take less time than a Deluxe. You can follow the progress each week here on the MMN blogs.
I still don’t get what the difference between a Prestige and a Deluxe is?
Prestige editions attempt to include the sorts of cover and interior treatments that we would have used back in the day at WW. Deluxe editions take those efforts further to leatherette and other kinds of covers we wouldn’t and didn’t have the resources to create as a regular thing.
Guess I’d better make a Scion blog post this week…
From your lips to the gods ears. All of them. Simultaneously. No pressure though
So, Exalted officially begins its run on Wednesday.
Wow Mage at paradox. Can’t wait. But wait I must.
Any word on how “Lore of the Clans” will ship, at least here in the US? Regular mail, UPS, FedEx? Or something else? Zombie courier, or gargoyle messenger, would be particularly cool 😉
A combination of FedEx and USPS depending on the package. Thanks!
Soon. Soon I shall hold a physical Ex3 book in my hands…
Don’t you toy with me!
Mage 2 has been made;
But the approval’s past day seven.
All’s wrong with the Fallen World;
The Exarchs are in their Heaven.
With apologies, Rich.
Any chance the backer PDFs will update before then?
I believe the PDF will update when we go live with them on the site.
MAGE IS AT PARADOX! YAAAAAAAAAAAY! [Insert Kermit Flail here]
Is that the final cover for Exalted 3rd edition?
For the non-Deluxe books, yes.
I believe I represent everyone when I say I’m utterly crushed that Prince Diamond and Volfer aren’t making out on the cover of Ex3.
You can’t deny their love, Rich. No one can.
Well, no one except Venus, I guess.
I never would 😉
Waiting for The Pack and M:tAw 2e to go to print. Soon.
Mage 2nd Edition in for Approval, Excellent maybe it will hit pdf by my birthday next month.
And Scion Kickstarter coming, I will have to scrape some money up for that, along with Pugmire that is one I can get my son to step away from his video games to play.
Really excited about Exalted and Mage!
I back the Beast kickstarter at the level to get the Mage 2nd edition pdf, will I get it when it goes on sale, before or after?
You’ll get a link before it goes on sale as an Advance PDF.
Wait are you fucking with him or are you serious? Don’t play with our hearts man.
Been waiting to get Mage2nd to you guys.
Loving that Exalted cover. Is she an original character in the book?
The character depicted is Prince Diamond-
I thought that image was just a placeholder till you received the final artwork, when did that change?
It’s not that it’s bad or anything, I just was expecting something like a picture with all the new signature characters, similar to 2nd edition.
The file was a placeholder as the illustration was not finished when we released the PDF, as I didn’t want to wait any longer.
That’s a guy, actually. He’s a transgender guy so he has some feminine physical traits, but definitely a dude. It’s nice that us trans folks are getting some representation in the hobby these days. 🙂
Will you be offering wraith 20th deluxe through backerkit?
No, we already did the KS Backer Survey for that. Thanks!
Darn. was hoping for another chance at Deluxe Wraith 20. any word on if they will be available, when the time comes, on http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/?
It’s possible, depends on how many extra the printer sends us.
Thanks for sitting down and doing the interview, Eddy and Rich! I talked Ian into talking about Storypath and Trinity for next week when we come back!
So, yeah, that’s three episodes of the podcast in a row with an Onyx Path Publishing interview. I swear, we are not just a table-top podcast. 🙂
Love having you guys on, I really hope to do it again some time.
No problem for us- it was a fun interview, Neall’s was cool, so I’m sure Ian’s will be great as well!
This is awesome news for us Exalted fans. Congrats on finally getting to this point. Any word on the charm cards PDFs?
Also, do you know yet if Arms of the Chosen, the Realm, and/or the Dragon-Blooded will be Kickstarted or not?
Charm Cards are being worked on, Arms won’t be KS’d. Dragon Blooded is intended for Kickstarter at some point later this year.
I must ask, how long have The pack and Mage 2nd edition been at the approval stage when this update was given so I can calculate when it goes on sale.
I am so excited…
Their Advance PDFs will be on sale as soon as we can get them OK’d by WWP and input any changes they might request. I can tell you it’ll be a Wednesday, but otherwise every book is different.
I only have to say, EX3 it was a loooooong wait… So YYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!! (imaginary wine glass breaking).
To be honest i woke up with this nasty cold, only to read the monday meeting like every monday, it’s 3.00 a.m here in Colombia, so TY for the great news… Hehe, actually is Tuesday…back to sleep zzzz
Oh, what a nice combo, both the Pack and Mage 2nd are within my grasp…
Scion KS? Soon? Alright!
I am SO damn curious to see what you guys have planned for stretch goals!
Should I hold my breath for a novel somewhere in there?
Actually, where are we novels wise? I just finished reading the poison tree and loved it. Anything else in the plans I could gnaw on?
Can you give us any information about the content planned for the V20DA Companion?
Thanks in advance 🙂
I intend to make a blog post about that book in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned!
There’s no chance we could take another run at an Ultra Deluxe for Changeling through this Backerkit thing is there? As I have no knowledge of how Backerkit works.
Move on, brother. Some things we have to let go of.
Any word on the timeline for Aberrant?
Far to soon for that! 🙂
Let’s get the Trinity Continuum core and Aeon out first; then we’ll worry about Aberrant. 🙂
Any word on the timeline for Trinity Continuum core and Aeon? I’m just kidding. Take your time.
But really yo
a preview copy delivered straight to my door via Ninjas would be appreciated
With Exalted about to hit and Mage in for approvals I am absolutely ecstatic. The current chronicle I’m part of is not doing amazingly well so I’ve been seriously considering starting a new one of my own ahead of schedule and Mage would be ideal for it since I know my players already love Mage 1st Edition.
I don’t suppose you could use Backerkit for Exalted before the final deluxe print run, for those of us who weren’t able to back the kickstarter for a deluxe offset book?
If not (and I fully realize it’s a lot to ask 😀 ), will you be printing extra copies to sell through the IPR store?
No, and for all the reasons you can imagine in terms of confusion, and potentially. And when I say that, I don’t mean we will be printing extras, but if we have extras we’d consider adding them to the IPR store.
Do you guys have an approximation of how long the time between now and the Deluxe EX3-book shipping?
How many months of no-physical book will I save by getting the backer-discounted version right now, is, basically, what I’m asking 😉
Multiple months and we’ll all want it to be faster, but as usual I’m not able to give you any further estimate as those have been passed too many times with this project.
Got it. Thanks for answering, all these questons (from all of us).
You’re great 😉
To say that I’m excited about Exalted would be an understatement! The timing is fortuitous as well; Wednesday is the first session of my new Exalted campaign. This will be my first time playing since beta testing charms and combat.
Looks like I’ll be sitting at work all day refreshing DTRPG every 5 seconds or so. lol
FYI: we don’t put projects on sale until mid afternoon Eastern US time.
Good to know, thanks!
exalted 3rd POD out o.o
=D THX OP FOR THE GREATEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVER =D
-reason to be happy: saturday = birthday. can get EX3 soon after =D-
Why are CofD Hurt Locker listed twice?
Come on, Secrets of the Covenants… you can do it….
One step at a time…