Well, we had a lovely time at MidWinter, and I was planning to tell you all about it, but on Sunday Morning I woke up because I was shivering so badly. I managed to get through the next two days of our Onyx Path Summit, but was just a hacking, broken, man on the flight home.
Mighty Matt came into the con with the flu, or as we call him now: Vector. Monica had it when she came in for the Summit. The others didn’t get sick, but were rewarded by the snow delaying or even cancelling their flights, and have only just returned home today.
So, bad ending to a great MidWinter Convention and Onyx Path Summit, and this blog is the one who will pay the price, as I just don’t have the brainpower to write coherently. I could really use the healing powers of the The Æsculapian Order, as pictured in the art above for the Trinity Continuum: Aeon book, illustrated by Marco Gonzales.
One thing I must let you in on, though, is that we announced a new licensed RPG game that we are looking forward to creating: Dystopia Rising Evolution! It is a new edition of the tabletop RPG originally published by Eschaton Media that has become such a huge hit in the Live Action community. It will be powered by the Storypath System, and is being developed by the ever-charming Eddy Webb.
We expect to get out a press release very soon, but meanwhile, just imagine post-apocalyptic zombie survival madness!
Should tell you to go buy Beckett’s Jyhad Diary at DTRPG, that the Pentex Employees Handbook is going on sale Weds., and that we’re working hard on the Trinity Continuum Kickstarter, but I’m feverish and those announcements aren’t going to happen.
OK. gonna go collapse.
Many Worlds, One Path!
The Trinity Continuum Kickstarter will go live near the end of January! Trinity Continuum: Aeon, is our reboot of the classic Trinity (Aeon) game, and Trinity Continuum: Core is the core book that all of our Trinity Continuum game lines will spin off from. Both books will be a part of this Kickstarter. James Bell, our Kickstarter Manager, has got some fun ideas in store for how to run this KS, so we hope you’ll check it out!
As we try and find ways to enable our community to more easily play our games, the Onyx Dice Rolling App is now live! Our dev team has been doing updates since we launched based on the excellent use-case comments by our community, and this thing is both rolling and rocking! It just has had its biggest update yet! There’s been tweaks to all elements of the UI, you can now preview every die type in the store, and you can use multiple die types per roll! Here are the links for the Apple and Android versions:
Three different screenshots, above.
(The Solar Anima special Dice)
ON AMAZON AND BARNES & NOBLE:
We’re delighted to announce the opening of our ebook stores on Amazon and Barnes & Noble! You can now read our fiction from the comfort and convenience of your Kindle (from Amazon) and Nook (from Barnes & Noble). Our initial selection includes these fiction anthologies:
- Vampire: The Masquerade: The Endless Ages Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Rites of Renown: When Will You Rage II (Kindle, Nook)
- Mage: The Ascension: Truth Beyond Paradox (Kindle, Nook)
- Chronicles of Darkness: The God-Machine Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Mummy: The Curse: Curse of the Blue Nile (Kindle, Nook)
- Beast: The Primordial: The Primordial Feast Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
And here are six more fiction books:
- Vampire: The Masquerade: Of Predators and Prey: The Hunters Hunted II Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: The Poison Tree (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Songs of the Sun and Moon: Tales of the Changing Breeds (Kindle, Nook)
- Vampire: The Requiem: The Strix Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Forsaken: The Idigam Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Mage: The Awakening: The Fallen World Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
Andand six more more:
- Vampire: The Masquerade: The Beast Within Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: W20 Cookbook (Kindle, Nook)
- Exalted: Tales from the Age of Sorrows (Kindle, Nook)
- Chronicles of Darkness: Tales of the Dark Eras (Kindle, Nook)
- Promethean: The Created: The Firestorm Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Demon: The Descent: Demon: Interface (Kindle, Nook)
And even more books are now on Amazon and the Nook store!:
- Scarred Lands: Death in the Walled Warren (Kindle, Nook)
- V20 Dark Ages: Cainite Conspiracies (Kindle, Nook)
- Chronicles of Darkness: Strangeness in the Proportion (Kindle, Nook)
- Vampire: The Requiem: Silent Knife (Kindle, Nook)
- Mummy: The Curse: Dawn of Heresies (Kindle, Nook)
OUR SALES PARTNERS:
We’re working with Studio2 to get Pugmire out into stores, as well as to individuals through their online store. You can pick up the traditionally printed main book, the Screen, and the official Pugmire dice through our friends there!
Looking for our Deluxe or Prestige Edition books? Here’s the link to the press release we put out about how Onyx Path is now selling through Indie Press Revolution: https://theonyxpath.com/press-release-onyx-path-limited-editions-now-available-through-indie-press-revolution/
You can now order wave 2 of our Deluxe and Prestige print overrun books, including Deluxe Mage 20th Anniversary, and Deluxe V20 Dark Ages! And Screens…so many Screens!
And you can now order Pugmire: the book, the screen, and the dice! http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=296
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The Pentex Employee Indoctrination Handbook is the gold-standard corporate guidebook for employees of the world’s finest multi-national corporation and many of their subsidiary companies. This volume contains the main Pentex handbook, along with the Guide to Werewolves, and this year’s round of updated corporate handbooks for our subsidiaries.
This is the unredacted version, replete with notes from the higher-ups! It took a lot to get this information out, so it’s had a chance to go through some monkeywrenchers’ hands before going to you. Make good use of it!
The Employee Indoctrination Handbook contains:
- A guide to working for Pentex itself, along with the Guide to Werewolves given to certain staff.
- Employee handbooks for Endron, Magadon, RED network, Sunburst, and Tellus
- Notes on the contents, from both werewolves and the Board of Directors
At last, one of the most legendary of Kindred will share his personal journal with you! V20 Beckett’s Jyhad Diary goes on sale in PDF and PoD versions on DTRPG.com! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/225322/V20-Becketts-Jyhad-Diary
It’s ever been a loaded word among vampires. Jyhad is in force everywhere from lofty, perfumed Elysium to cloying, smoke-filled blood feasts. Jyhad’s the eternal game played by elders, Methuselahs, and worse — it’s the agenda of beings so utterly beyond humanity, one such as yourself could scarcely understand its movements.
Luckily for you, you’ve picked up a copy of my diary. With my help you may just take a step on the first rung of understanding. Information worth having is information you must earn through blood, and oh, how I’ve bled for what’s contained within these pages.
Beckett’s Jyhad Diary serves as the definitive book of setting and plot for Vampire: The Masquerade, containing 30 chapters spanning different geographical regions, encountering vampires of every clan, profiling obscure and profound segments of the mythology, and providing countless story hooks on every page.
Masterfully written by the likes of Neall Raemonn Price, Joshua Alan Doetsch, Myranda Sarro, Steffie de Vaan, Malcolm Sheppard, Alan Alexander, Renee Knipe, and Matthew Dawkins, Beckett’s Jyhad Diary is as fascinating to read as to use for your game Chronicles.
With a howl of RAGE, the W20 Changing Ways Advance PDF charges at you this Wednesday on DTRPG.com!
Changing Ways is an in-depth look at what it means to be a werewolf, both on a personal level and as part of a pack. It digs deep into what it feels like to have bones re-knit after breaking, the range of senses available across all forms, and the sudden heady rush of the Gifts and Rites bestowed by spirits. It also provides a look at what life is like for lupus and metis werewolves, characters who have had experiences alien to any person. It shows the many ways that werewolves organize in packs, and how those packs are designed as groups of warriors, rather than aligned to the behavior of wolves.
Changing Ways contains:
• A detailed look at what it means to grow up as a lupus or metis werewolf, and how that colors a character’s perspective.
• More information on what it feels like to be a werewolf, a creature that changes in both body and mind.
• Frameworks and organizations for packs, along with new tactics and systems for forging the pack as part of play.
We unveil Vampire: The Requiem 2e‘s Half-Damned as an Advance PDF on DTRPG.com!
I love her, she’s family, but I don’t love what she is.
– Antonio Ramírez, dhampir
This book includes:
• An exploration of what it means to be one of the Half-Damned, dhampir, revenants or ghouls.
• Mechanics for creating Half-Damned characters.
• Information for creating and running chronicles using the various Half-Damned character types, both with vampires and alone.
• Information on Half-Damned antagonists for vampire chronicles.
Legacy of Lies, the V20 Dark Ages Jumpstart, goes undead in PDF and physical book PoD versions on DTRPG:
TWO PRINCES. BITTER RIVALS. AND A COTERIE CAUGHT BETWEEN THEM.
Marcus Verus, the vampiric Prince of Chester, secretly prepares to go into torpor. Should his plans be made public, the Prince knows the wolves — both real and imagined — would launch an attack, threatening all within his domain.
That’s where you come in.
Legacy of Lies includes:
- Basic rules for players and Storytellers
- Introduction to the Vampire: The Masquerade Dark Ages setting
- Introductory adventure
- Characters for players and Storytellers
Appearing on DriveThruRPG is the Advance PDF for Arms of the Chosen for Exalted 3rd Edition! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/226224/Arms-of-the-Chosen
Take up the panoply of legendary heroes and lost ages, and awaken the world-shaking might of their Evocations. Before the dawn of time, the Exalted wielded god-metal blades to cast down the makers of the universe. In an ancient epoch of forgotten glories, Creation’s greatest artificers forged unimaginable wonders and miracle-machines.
Now, in the Age of Sorrows, kingdoms go to war over potent artifacts, scavenger princes risk everything to uncover relics of the past, and the Exalted forge great arms and armor on the anvil of legend. These treasures are yours to master.
Discover the mystical power of the five magical materials and the secrets of creating your own Evocations. Wield weapons of fabled might and don the armor of mythic heroes, making their puissance your own. Claim Creation’s wonders: the miraculous tools of the Chosen, living automatons, flying machines, hearthstones, and more. And unleash the mighty warstriders, titanic god-engines of conquest and devastation, to once more shake Creation with their footfalls.
What dark secrets do the eldest vampires hold? Find out in Thousand Years of Night for Vampire: The Requiem! PDF and physical book PoD versions available on DriveThruRPG.com. http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/214130/Thousand-Years-of-Night
You may think that with a multitude of people coming, going, dying and running away, we’d be tired, done, or ready to give up.
Instead, I find myself restless, looking for the next thing.
There’s always a next thing, and I for one am not yet ready to die.
– Elder Kincaid, Daeva Crone
This book includes:
• Detailed instructions on creating elder vampires, including how to base chronicles around them
• A look into the lives of elders, how they spend their nights, who they work with, and why including their roles in both their clans and covenants
• New Devotions, Merits, and Rituals for elder vampires
• The kinds of creatures that pose a threat to elder vampires, including Inamorata, Lamia, Sons of Phobos, a new elder conspiracy, and more!
Is a life of running and hiding a life worth living? We say yes. There’s always something between the running and the hiding, and those moments of grace make it all worthwhile.
The Huntsmen Chronicle Anthology is a perfect companion piece to Changeling: The Lost, 2nd Edition. These stories spin tales of the Lost, of those abducted and enslaved by fairies. Those who escaped, but whose captors will stop at nothing to find them. These fairies summon forth the Huntsmen, primordial hunters who understand nothing but pursuit and capture. The Huntsmen are unstoppable monsters, and the Lost can only look to each other for respite, rare comfort, and rarer trust.
The Hedge has parted and you can get the Advance PDF of The Huntsmen Chronicle Fiction Anthology for Changeling: The Lost 2nd Edition at DTRPG.com! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/210042/The-Huntsmen-Chronicle-Anthology
A Land Where Legends Walk
Drawing enthusiastically on Greek mythology, the revised and re-imagined Scarred Lands nonetheless retains its place as a modern fantasy RPG setting. This is a world shaped by gods and monsters, and only the greatest of heroes can expect to be counted among them. The most populous continent of Scarn, Ghelspad, plays host to vast unexplored regions, hides unsolved riddles from ancient cultures, and taunts adventures with the promise of undiscovered riches hidden among the ruins of older civilizations.
Yet the myths of the Scarred Lands are relatively recent events. The effects of the Titanswar still ripple through the world, and the heroines and villains of many of these stories are part of living memory, if not still living.
The Award-Winning Fantasy Setting Returns
Scarred Lands has been a favorite fantasy setting since the release of the Creature Collection for the d20 System in 2000. In subsequent years, over 40 titles were published for Scarred Lands, making it one of the most fully supported fantasy RPG settings ever and the premiere product line of Sword & Sorcery Studios.
Available in both 5th Edition and Pathfinder compatible versions! PDF and PoD formats available NOW!
And now, the new project status updates!
DEVELOPMENT STATUS FROM ROLLICKING ROSE (projects in bold have changed status since last week):
First Draft (The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
- M20 Gods and Monsters (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- M20 Book of the Fallen (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- C20 Novel (Jackie Cassada) (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Deviant: The Renegades (Deviant: The Renegades)
- CofD Contagion Chronicle (Chronicles of Darkness)
- Guide to the Night (Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition)
- M20 The Technocracy Reloaded (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- WoD Ghost Hunters (World of Darkness)
- Tales of Good Dogs – Pugmire Fiction Anthology (Pugmire)
- Monarchies of Mau (Monarchies of Mau)
- Hunter: the Vigil 2e core (Hunter: the Vigil 2nd Edition)
- They Came From Beneath the Sea! Rulebook (TCFBtS!)
- Signs of Sorcery (Mage: the Awakening Second Edition)
- SL Ring of Spiragos (Pathfinder – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- Ring of Spiragos (5e – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- Scion: Hero (Scion 2nd Edition) – with Neall for some tweaks
- Trinity Continuum Core Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
- Trinity Continuum: Aeon Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
- GtS Geist 2e core (Geist: the Sin-Eaters Second Edition)
- Night Horrors: The Tormented (Promethean: The Created 2nd Edition)
WW Manuscript Approval:
- Ex Novel 2 (Aaron Rosenberg) (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Kithbook Boggans (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Scion: Origin (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Exalted 3rd Novel by Matt Forbeck (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition, featuring the Huntsmen Chronicle (Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition)
- Dragon-Blooded (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Pan’s Guide for New Pioneers (Pugmire)
- The Realm (Exalted 3rd Edition)
ART DIRECTION FROM MIRTHFUL MIKE:
In Art Direction
- Cavaliers of Mars
- Ex3 Monthly Stuff
- Scion Origin
- Ring of Spiragos
- Changeling: the Lost 2
- Trinity Continuum – Prepping KS assets.
- Ex3 Dragon Blooded – Finals and color roughs continue to come in.
- Pugmire – Pan’s Explorer’s Guide (or whatever) – Splats in… need to get updates on sketches from everyone else.
- Boggans – Notes sent.
- Pugmire/Scarred Lands Community Content – working on the logo.
- Book of Freeholds – With Mark
- Pugmire Fetch Quest
- Pugmire – Vinsen’s Tomb
- Wraith 20 Screen
- Dice Packaging – V20 and C20 Dice off to press.
- Wraith 20 – Making fixes from WW.
- Beast PG
- DtD Enemy Action – With Josh
- Beckett Screen – Shipped to shipper.
- Scarred Land PGs & Wise and the Wicked PF & 5e – To fulfillment shipper. PDF and PoD physical book versions on sale at DTRPG.
- Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition) – Deluxe Edition cover and Screen in the works. Printer starting to assemble books.
- Prince’s Gambit – At press.
- CtL Huntsmen Chronicle Anthology – PoD Files ordered.
- V20 Beckett’s Jyhad Diary– Creating files for the Deluxe edition.
- C20 Ready Made Characters – Inputting errata and getting files uploaded.
- Ex 3 Arms of the Chosen – Getting files for PoD uploaded this week.
- Pugmire Artisan Cards – PoD proofs ordered.
- Pugmire Shepherd Cards – PoD proofs ordered.
- Pentex Indoctrination Manual – PDF and PoD on sale on Wednesday on DTRPG.
- VtR Half Damned – PoD proofs ordered.
- W20 Changing Ways – Inputting errata and prepping PoD files.
TODAY’S REASON TO CELEBRATE: You can celebrate however and why-ever you wish. I’m not doing it until I feel better again.
22 responses to “And Then We Flu Back…[Monday Meeting Notes]”
Hope everyone gets better. Trying to not spend as much money on Kickstarters but you guys make it so hard! Trinity’s definitely worth it though, hopefully Deviant won’t be too far after.
I second that emotion!!
Whats the state of Wraith’s Handbook for the Recently Deceased? Is it being written?
Yes it is.
So champing at the bit for the Trinity Kickstarter!!!! So happy one of my favorite game lines is getting a second addition! Still run the original.
Hope everyone got home safe and get well soon!
If I may ask, what’s the state of Signs of Sorcery? Is it gonna see the light of day soon, or if not, can we perhaps get another open development post about it?
I hope everyone at the office gets well soon!!
Can you offer any hints or insight as to what’s next for Scarred Lands?
I’ll save my questions for next week then. This year has sucked for colds and flus. All of you rest up and feel better!
Sad to hear. Take care of yourself and we will see you next week.
So sorry about your troubles – I hope you all feel a lot better soon!
Out of curiousity, has anyone on the team thought about streaming live games or campaigns? God knows you guys have a big enough catalog to try doing it. It would certainly help get the word out, and it would be nice to see our favorite games and developers in action!
This is especially true for those of us too far away or too busy to attend some of the conventions and see THE MOST AWESOME GAMING COMPANY IN THE WORLD!
Sorry if this is asking a question you’ve already answered – hard to keep up sometimes. 🙂
Speaking as someone in a part of Australia that doesn’t have a strong RPG scene or any Minds Eye Theatre chapters nearby, this would be amazing. It’d be a huge benefit to see the games as they are properly played, doubly so to see the games played by the experts themselves.
Even just an annual one-off (like that Vampire game that came out under White Wolf on Youtube) would be an education and a half for someone with very little grounding in the universe, to say nothing of the free advertising…
PM me through the forums, mate. There’s a bunch of Aussies on here. Perhaps we can find something near you.
100% behind the idea of a stream. I’d gladly back such a movement.
While merely a freelance writer, I’ve considered doing some YouTube videos or some streams of my Werewolf: the Forsaken sessions, especially as I know there’s some elements of the game that players often take a bit of time to get to grips with and therefore some examples could serve well. I’ve actually done a number of them as podcasts before.
However, there’s quite a few obstacles to doing a proper video, either streamed or recorded. One would need decent recording equipment, a decent net connection with a good upload rate (for streaming), a group of players who are both happy to be watched and who have the right personalities to come across well on video, the time to dedicate to video editing, etc.
These aren’t insurmountable challenges, by any means, but they do require a meaningful investment of both time and money, the latter being the primary thing that’s made me hesitate from trying to do more than just audio podcasts.
(Of course, as noted at the beginning: I just freelance for OPP, so none of my stuff is actively affiliated with OPP in the way that a company-backed effort would be, and I have no insight or knowledge as to OPPs own take on all this stuff).
Hello, do you think Wraith 20 will be out to backers very soon ?
Signs of Sorcery and Trinity aaaaargh !! can’t wait !
That’s out of our control. We’ll have to see what White Wolf needs in terms of changes.
So it isn’t “making changes from WW” but more “still waiting for WW feedback”. Huge difference there to those of us still waiting.
It can easily be both, if we’re making changes and White Wolf is making feedback on those changes.
And what about the Bunyip Tribebook? I thought I saw it in the list of books to be published as well non?
Any ideas or plans for a British or even European distributor of Pugmire? I am personally hoping DriveThruRPG will be able to POD the book in the near future
I believe that any interested British or European distributors can get the Pugmire books from Studio2, just like US distributors. At least I think so-
Anyone else biting their nails whenever they read for Dragonblooded?