So first off, thanks to everybody who sent me get well messages. Feeling much better, and your salutations really did help. Although I really couldn’t appreciate them until after we launched the Deluxe Beckett’s Jyhad Diary Kickstarter, as that was something I just had to get done – fever or no fever.
But launch we did last Thursday, and we’re already past 90% of the way to funding! We’re hoping to get backer feedback in two ways with this: 1) voting on which chapter to reveal next, and 2) picking which of three Stretch Goal options we do next. Unlike the Dark Eras KS where we had some options that never got the votes to go into the book, for Beckett we’re going to offer the next three Stretch Goals that we will definitely do if the goal amount is passed, but our voters decide which order we do them in.
So pop by and check out the fun: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-v20-becketts-jyhad-diary
I’ve talked a lot over the years about my interest in Onyx Path exploring the ways that gamers get their games, as well as how to make our game worlds more accessible. Like how we deliberately created a whole passel of fiction anthologies because some people either prefer, or only have the opportunity, to enjoy our worlds through fiction.
Of course, the potential is bigger than that, though. And we already have projects that are moving to that space, but our bandwidth is all about making our PDF/PoD/Deluxe game books. Which means we need to find somebody who can take care of these projects that extend our media possibilities. Call it an Extended Media Position. (For now.)
Which means I’m going to list what we are looking for in terms of what we expect as the starting job needs for a freelance contract gig, which has the potential to evolve into an in-house employee position. Contract terms to be determined in discussion. It is definitely something that does not require relocation.
The person who is accepted for this position would need to already be able to accomplish the following:
- 1) ePub and Mobi electronic versions of our books: Manage the creation or personally generate the ePub (reflowable and fixed) and Mobi version files of our game books, place both fiction and game book ePub/Mobi versions into the appropriate marketplaces, monitor and follow up.
- 2) Roll20 and other online tabletop gaming: Modify and pull and assemble graphics and post correctly at such sites and DriveThruRPG.com, as well. Conceptualize and direct creation of projects for use in the on-line tabletop RPG gaming space.
- 3) App Creation: Supervise App creation via external studios, generate and develop project ideas, place into sales channels and monitor and follow-up.
As you can see, it’s a position that requires wearing a lot of hats, which is what we do here. If you think the above list is a piece of cake, want to work with a fun group of miscreants, and help us move our amazing games and settings into new frontiers, please send me an email to:
Include your thoughts about such a position, and your qualifications. Links to relevant info, and small attachments with your CV or similar are both OK. Every single person who can do the above things is encouraged to apply.
Reaching out to me in any way besides the comments here, including my regular email, will be ignored because if I had the time to deal with more messages, I’d be trying to accomplish some of the extended media stuff myself. 😉
Once again, sorry we got some Mummy: the Curse fans all excited waiting for the Curse of the Blue Nile fiction anthology to go on sale last Wednesday and then didn’t put it on sale. Mighty Matt McElroy and I discovered an issue with the book mere moments before we were going to flick the DTRPG switch. My huge thanks to Matt for the catch, as I was clearly still fighting my cold.
Yeah, that’s it: I was fighting my cold.
And not very, very dumb.
We need to get a new PoD proof back from the printer before we can sell it, so expect it to go on sale for reals in July.
Finally, we will all be off celebrating the star spangled banner next Monday, July the 4th, so expect this blog on Tuesday the 5th. Until then, watch out for those firecrackers and sparklers!
The Kickstarter for the Deluxe Beckett’s Jyhad Diary started late last week and we are steaming towards hitting the funding goal really soon! The very deluxe cover treatment and the option to include V20 dice are getting plenty of folks excited, but it’s the selection of chapter text and the Table of Contents that are really causing a stir!
Check it out yourself here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-v20-becketts-jyhad-diary
Looking for Deluxe or Prestige Edition books? Here’s the link to the press release we put out about how Onyx Path is now selling through Indie Press Revolution: https://theonyxpath.com/press-release-onyx-path-limited-editions-now-available-through-indie-press-revolution/
Servants of the Damned: the PDF and PoD versions for V20 Ghouls & Revenants are now available at DTRPG! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/184039/V20-Ghouls–Revenants
Ghouls & Revenants includes:
- Expanded and revised character creation for ghoul and revenant player-characters
- Clan and Sect write-ups for ghouls who serve them
- New revenant families including the Rossellini, Kairouan Brotherhood, and more.
- New rules for ghouls and revenants including new Merits & Flaws, Backgrounds, Discipline Packages, etc.
- A Storyteller chapter for advice on running ghoul-or-revenant focused chronicles.
- …and more!
Those howls you hear? The pack is on your trail! The Pack for Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd, that is! The final PDF and PoD versions are now on sale at DTRPG.com! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/181760/The-Pack
Alone you die. Together you will feast on the blood of your prey.
This book contains:
- The pack from within and without, including a number of sample packs.
- Other organizations of werewolves, including protectorates and Lodges.
- New systems for pack creation, hunting nature, and pack tactics..
- Three new hunting grounds that show different sides to the pack.
V20 Black Hand: Guide to the Tal’ Mahe’ Ra is now on the attack at DTRPG in PDF and physical hardcover PoD forms! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/179023/V20-The-Black-Hand-A-Guide-to-the-TalMaheRa
The Tal’Mahe’Ra, the Black Hand, plays the long game. They’re fighting a war of millennia, and the stakes could never be higher than they are tonight. They know truths about the Ancients, terrifying truths, dangerous truths, and they know the fight will be long and tireless.
The Black Hand — A Guide to the Tal’Mahe’Ra includes:
- An updated look at the Tal’Mahe’Ra, which brings the ancient conspiracy into the twenty-first century.
- Tricks of the Black Hand’s trade, including new Disciplines, Backgrounds, Merits, and eldritch sorceries.
- Insight into some of the Hand’s sects, including those who hunt the infernal, and the worshipers of Lilith.
There has always been…Darkness. Coming at you through time itself, the Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras PDF and physical book PoD versions are now available at DTRPG! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/178583/Chronicles-of-Darkness-Dark-Eras
Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras reveals the world throughout its long and storied past. Through sixteen eras, you’ll learn the secret history of the world, from the flame-lit tales of the Neolithic to the drug-fueled rebellion of the 1970s. Delve into the past, and learn that the Chronicles of Darkness began long before the modern nights.
Dark Eras includes historical settings for Chronicles of Darkness game lines:
- Vampire: the Requiem
- Werewolf: the Forsaken
- Mage: the Awakening
- Promethean: the Created
- Changeling: the Lost
- Hunter: the Vigil
- Geist: the Sin-Eaters
- Mummy: the Curse
- Demon: the Descent
Mage: the Awakening 2nd Edition Advance PDF NOW available at DTRPG.com! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/181754/Mage-the-Awakening-2nd-Edition
You are a mage, one of the Wise. You see, know, and explore what others can’t imagine, from the depths of the human soul to the hidden corners of reality. Armed with your spells, driven by an addiction to Mysteries, you delve into the secrets of the world. Knowledge has a price, and the dangers are many.
This book contains:
- The complete guide to playing a mage in the Chronicles of Darkness.
- Reimagined Paths, Orders, and powers to create your Awakened characters and their allies, including an updated version of the most comprehensive free-form magic system in gaming.
- Five example settings across the world, from Los Angeles to Salamanca, each with a central Mystery.
- A brand-new look at all the strange places of the Fallen World, from the Lower Depths to the Emanation Realms, and what mages might find within.
NOTE: This is the Advance PDF version. A final PDF version and PoD versions will be available at a later date. If you have purchased this Advance PDF, you will be automatically updated to the final PDF and receive a link to enable you to purchase the PoD at a discount designed so that your total price matches our usual PDF and Print combo offer.
Children of the Unconquered Sun arise!
Exalted 3rd Edition in both PDF and PoD versions is now on sale at DriveThruRPG.com: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/162759/Exalted-3rd-Edition
This is your tale. This is Exalted. What legends will they tell of your deeds?
Exalted 3rd Edition depicts both a revitalized and expanded Creation, and the triumphant return of the Solar Exalted—but whether their rebirth will herald the salvation or destruction of the world, none can say. The system redesign takes the best parts of the previous editions and streamlines the mechanics for maximum playability.
Exalted 3rd Edition includes:
- New Fiction – Read a new tale by original Exalted developer and author Geoff Grabowski.
- New Artwork – See the Realm in a new light with stunning artwork by both new and classic Exalted artists working under the direction of Maria Cabardo.
- Expanded Locales – Expand your campaigns with a detailed overview of the sprawling and decadent Second Age of Man. In addition to classic locales such as Chiaroscuro and Nexus, find many new locations not detailed in previous editions, from the treacherous intrigues of Port Calin to the proud warriors of the frigid plains and forests of Medo, held in check only by the iron hand of the Realm.
- Intrigue and Mystery – Discover a revitalized Realm, still standing at the brink of civil war, but more dangerous than ever before; and the Lunar dominions which harry its borders, seeking redress for ancient crimes while pursuing modern ambitions.
- Expanded Character Creation – Create and play Solar Exalted characters and compelling mortal heroes with more information and fleshed out details.
- Combat System – Fight with a new cinematic combat engine, primed to deliver dynamic, exciting, and easily resolved battles between heroes, gods, and armies.
- Charms – Explore a vibrant new Charm set encompassing both classic Solar powers from previous editions and all-new powers to shift the course of Creation.
- …and much, much more!
Gen Con 2016 Onyx Path events registration has now been posted on the Gen Con site! A LOT of our events have sold out already, so please jump in ASAP if you’d like to attend: https://www.gencon.com/event_finder/Host/Onyx%20Path%20Publishing
These don’t include the demos and playtests we’ll be having at the booth.
And now, the new project status updates!
First Draft (The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
- M20 Book of Secrets (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Exalted 3rd Novel by Matt Forbeck (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- CtL fiction anthology (Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition)
- Ring of Spiragos (Scarred Lands)
- VtM Endless Ages fiction anthology (Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition)
- BtP Building a Legend (Beast: the Primordial)
- Trinity Continuum Core Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
- Trinity Continuum: Aeon Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
- M20 Gods and Monsters (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Scion: Origins (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Scion: Hero (Scion 2nd Edition)
- BtP Player’s Guide
- Pugmire Core Book
- Ring of Spiragos (5e)
- Dagger of Spiragos (5e)
- Dagger of Spiragos – Pathfinder Version (Scarred Lands)
- EX3 Quickstart (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Scarred Lands Player’s Guide 5E: Ghelspad (Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- VtR A Thousand Years of Night (Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition)
- Arms of the Chosen (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- The Realm (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Dragon-Blooded (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Cavaliers of Mars
- Wraith: the Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition
- V20 Dark Ages Anthology (Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition)
- W20 Changing Ways (Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition, featuring the Huntsmen Chronicle (Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition)
- Signs of Sorcery (Mage: the Awakening Second Edition)
- SL Ring of Spiragos (Pathfinder – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- SL The Wise and the Wicked (5e – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- SL The Wise and the Wicked (Pathfinder – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- SL Dagger of Spiragos (Pathfinder – Scarred Lands 2nd Edition)
- V20 Dark Ages Companion (Vampire 20th Dark Ages)
- Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition
- BtP Mortal Remains (Beast: the Primordial)
- Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes (Beast: the Primordial)
- W20 Pentex Employee Indoctrination Handbook (Werewolf: the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition)
- The Prince’s Gambit (Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition)
- V20 Lore of the Bloodlines (Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition)
- CofD Hurt Locker (Chronicles of Darkness)
ART DIRECTION FROM MIRTHFUL MIKE:
In Art Direction
- W20 Shattered Dreams
- Dark Eras Companion
- Necropolis Rio
- Beckett’s Jyhad Diary
- CofD Hurt Locker
- Mummy Novel
- V20 DA Tome of Secrets
- V20 Lore of the Bloodlines
- Beast RMCs
- SL Wise and Wicked Update
- Prince’s Gambit
- Promethean: the Created Second
- Secrets of the Covenants
- Ex 3 core book – From RichT: Files for both Deluxes are at the printer. Need proofs from the printer.
- Dark Eras Screen
- Storypath Brochure
- Gen Con Materials
- Mage: the Awakening 2nd – Waiting for errata from DaveB.
- Scarred Lands PG
- Beast Screen – At shipper.
- Beast Prestige Edition – printing.
- Dark Eras – PDF and PoD versions on sale at DTRPG. Prepping Prestige Edition files for printer.
- V20 Ghouls & Revenants – Went on sale in PDF/PoD versions on last Weds.
- V20 RMC – Errata input, waiting for PoD proofs.
- Ex 3 Backer Charm Book – Out to Backers, fixing errata.
- Ex 3 Screen – At the Printer.
- Scarred Lands: Death in the Walled Warren Fiction – Nocturnal Media is handling getting this to KS backers.
- Curse of the Blue Nile – Correcting last minute error we found, sending for PoD proof this week.
- Gen Con 2016 Brochure
Special- projects on hold in the art and production area until an external factor is resolved
- Wraith 20 – Art direction and layout can’t go further until art notes come in, still being developed by Rich Dansky.
TODAY’S REASON TO DRINK: That amazing feeling when you feel better after a cold.