That blog title was for Fast Eddy Webb, Sherlockian scholar that he is.
And of course I’m referring to our Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought Kickstarter that is headed into its third week and still going strong!
Jaunty James Bell, our Kickstarter runner, has said that we’ve hit fourteen Stretch Goals in fourteen days, which is a wonderful rhythm of cool things happening every day while each Tuesday we provide a portion of the finished text for the book. This week, we’re looking at just the start of the Dragon-Blooded Charms, so I’m expecting some fascinating discussions all over our social media.
The fact that we’ve got some Stretch Goal rewards that add to the overall release of Dragon-Blooded as a slice of the world of Exalted 3rd, and then we have SG rewards that add to the burgeoning companion volume for Dragon-Blooded is also super-cool as we know that every couple of days we should have offered enough variety that every backer can see something that tickles their interest and rewards their participation in this KS.
Speaking of Kickstarters and Stretch Goals, I was reading through a thread (elsewhere, not on our forums) where some posters were angry because a Stretch Goal reward project was “late” being delivered. Now, as a backer of the same KS, I didn’t see the Stretch Goal as late in any way, because the KS guys had never mentioned a date for when it would come out to backers.
Reading further, and deeper, I began to understand that the complaining backers were working from a Kickstarter context based on the sort of Kickstarters where all the Stretch Goal rewards wind up in the same box as the main project being KSed. Like a lot of board and card games. Which makes sense as a basis, then, for them having an expectation that everything from any given Kickstarter should all come to backers at once and together.
I’ve never run any of our Kickstarters with that context in mind.
Rather, we have the main project, and then any Stretch Goal reward projects have their own schedules and time-frames. They come out when they are ready. So my context in looking at KSs doesn’t include the same expectations as the other backers I was referencing. Of course, there’s an issue that falls back on us when our expectations don’t match those of our backers.
Frex, somebody messaged me wanting to know why the Exalted Essay book was so late. I had to step back and think about where they were coming from with that – fortunately my realization as detailed above had already happened – and so I explained that work has been progressing, but getting the game books out in some sort of connected timing has been a priority. We’ll get on to actually getting our essayists to submit their entries now that the EX3 releases are getting caught up.
As you can see in the project progress section below, we’ve got projects rolling along in all the stages, including both a C20 Stretch Goal reward, a C20 reward from Achievements, and a Stretch Goal reward from the Pugmire Kickstarter all going out to backers this week.
We’re working to get a pretty sweet surprise out for ya’ll on Friday (the 13th) that we completely expect will be a treasure trove of information on upcoming projects, behind the scenes peeks at how all our wacky Onyx Path ideas are born and grow into projects, and maybe even an in-depth look at our gang here at the Path. We’ll be announcing this later in the week, and keep your eyes on the social medias because you won’t want to miss it.
What is it? Well. It’s not a book, and I put a clue below in the Reasons to Celebrate ending text, but it is all about:
Many Worlds, One Path!
We’re almost half-way through EX3‘s Dragon-Blooded Kickstarter we’ve blown through Stretch Goal after Stretch Goal!
Fourteen so far in 14 days, and counting, including a t-shirt, two more silk bookmarks (at least!), increased art budget, a Dragon-Blooded novella, adding on the Storyteller Screen, opening up additional Reward Tiers for more custom charms and artifacts; new Charms, 2 sections of info on Lookshy, 2 sections on the Forest Witches, 2 sections on Outcastes, Cadet Houses, and Prasad to the Heirs to the Shogunate Dragon-Blooded Companion PDF and lots more to come in the next three weeks! Phew!
Thanks so much for everybody’s support so far! With over 1700 backers and having smashed past 300% funding, we still hope that folks can get the word out on their social media and to their friends. Everybody deserves a chance to check out this latest EX3 “fatsplat” for the most elemental of the Exalted.
Which every backer can do, because each week of the campaign we’re releasing a quarter of the Dragon-Blooded book’s text so that backers can check the whole thing out by the time we are done. We think you’ll really love what we’ve done with the DBs, but if for some reason you don’t, you can drop your pledge before the KS is over and walk away easy peasy!
So, here’s the link and see you there! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/dragon-blooded-what-fire-has-wrought-for-exalted-3
As we try and find ways to enable our community to more easily play our games, the Onyx Dice Rolling App is now live! Our dev team has been doing updates since we launched based on the excellent use-case comments by our community, and this thing is both rolling and rocking!
The devs have added a whole bunch of new game lines’ dice and rolling bg’s and got caught by a bug Apple needed to fix, so be sure to update your app and soon that should be fixed.
There’s been tweaks to all elements of the UI, you can now preview every die type in the store, and you can use multiple die types per roll! Here are the links for the Apple and Android versions:
Three different screenshots, above.
(The Solar Anima special Dice above)
ON AMAZON AND BARNES & NOBLE:
You can now read our fiction from the comfort and convenience of your Kindle (from Amazon) and Nook (from Barnes & Noble).
Our latest fiction offerings are a classic Scarred Lands fantasy book, and our latest Chronicles of Darkness anthology: the Huntsmen Chronicles for Changeling: The Lost 2nd Edition!
If you enjoy these or any other of our books, please help us by writing reviews on the site of the sales venue you bought it from. Reviews really, really help us with getting folks interested in our amazing fiction!
Our initial selection includes these fiction anthologies:
- Vampire: The Masquerade: The Endless Ages Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Rites of Renown: When Will You Rage II (Kindle, Nook)
- Mage: The Ascension: Truth Beyond Paradox (Kindle, Nook)
- Chronicles of Darkness: The God-Machine Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Mummy: The Curse: Curse of the Blue Nile (Kindle, Nook)
- Beast: The Primordial: The Primordial Feast Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
And here are six more fiction books:
- Vampire: The Masquerade: Of Predators and Prey: The Hunters Hunted II Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: The Poison Tree (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Songs of the Sun and Moon: Tales of the Changing Breeds (Kindle, Nook)
- Vampire: The Requiem: The Strix Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Forsaken: The Idigam Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Mage: The Awakening: The Fallen World Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
Andand six more more:
- Vampire: The Masquerade: The Beast Within Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: W20 Cookbook (Kindle, Nook)
- Exalted: Tales from the Age of Sorrows (Kindle, Nook)
- Chronicles of Darkness: Tales of the Dark Eras (Kindle, Nook)
- Promethean: The Created: The Firestorm Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Demon: The Descent: Demon: Interface (Kindle, Nook)
And even more books are now on Amazon and the Nook store!:
- Scarred Lands: Death in the Walled Warren (Kindle, Nook)
- V20 Dark Ages: Cainite Conspiracies (Kindle, Nook)
- Chronicles of Darkness: Strangeness in the Proportion (Kindle, Nook)
- Vampire: The Requiem: Silent Knife (Kindle, Nook)
- Mummy: The Curse: Dawn of Heresies (Kindle, Nook)
OUR SALES PARTNERS:
We’re working with Studio2 to get Pugmire out into stores, as well as to individuals through their online store. You can pick up the traditionally printed main book, the Screen, and the official Pugmire dice through our friends there!
Looking for our Deluxe or Prestige Edition books? Try this link! http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Onyx-Path-Publishing/
Here’s the link to the press release we put out about how Onyx Path is now selling through Indie Press Revolution: https://theonyxpath.com/press-release-onyx-path-limited-editions-now-available-through-indie-press-revolution/
You can now order wave 2 of our Deluxe and Prestige print overrun books, including Deluxe Mage 20th Anniversary, and Deluxe V20 Dark Ages! And Screens…so many Screens!
And you can now order Pugmire: the book, the screen, and the dice! http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=296
Wave 3 of our extra Kickstarter projects is now on sale at IPR!
Here are the direct links for the Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras Prestige Edition: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Chronicles-of-Darkness-Dark-Eras-Prestige-Edition.html
Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras Storytellers’ Screen: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Chronicles-of-Darkness-Dark-Eras-Storytellers-Screen.html
Deluxe Exalted 3rd Edition: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Exalted-3rd-Edition-Deluxe-Edition.html
Ultra-Deluxe (Orichalcum) Exalted 3rd Edition: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Exalted-3rd-Edition-Ultra-Deluxe.html
Exalted 3rd Edition Storytellers’ Screen: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Exalted-3rd-Edition-Storytellers-Screen.html
EX3 Chibi Bookmarks: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Exalted-3rd-Edition-Chibi-Bookmarks.html
Deluxe W20 Shattered Dreams: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/W20-Shattered-Dreams-Deluxe-Edition.html
W20 Shattered Dreams Storytellers’ Screen: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/W20-Shattered-Dreams-Storytellers-Screen.html
Plus price adjustments on M20, Book of the Wyrm, Anarchs Unbound and a
few other projects!
There are some things that even a Demon fears – Night Horrors: Enemy Action for Demon: The Descent arrives this Wednesday in PDF and physical book PoD versions: http://drivethrurpg.com/product/236133/Night-Horrors-Enemy-Action
“Fighting the Machine is like fighting the ocean. You literally cannot hurt it. Doesn’t matter how much poison we dump into the ocean. We’ll only kill the things in it. We’ll never kill it. Same with the God-Machine. Kill angels, traitors, stigmatics, cultists, cryptids, whatever, you’ll never hurt the Machine Itself. No, that doesn’t mean we stop trying. You stop trying, you drown. Screw that.”
—Mr. Bliss, Guardian Inquisitor
Night Horrors: Enemy Action includes:
• Dozens of Storyteller characters, including Unchained, angels, exiles, cryptids, and stigmatics, for use as antagonists, allies, or just inspiration
• Multiple plot hooks and story seeds for your Demon: The Descent chronicles
• A brief look at cults in Demon, including the Ten Thousand Names of God, a secret society fueled by the God-Machine
When you need a Changeling 20th character and a way to get started with C20: here are the C20 Ready Made Characters in PDF and physical book PoD versions! Available on DriveThruRPG.com! http://drivethrurpg.com/product/225641/C20-Ready-Made-Characters
Running a one-shot game of Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition? Starting up a chronicle with new players who aren’t sure what to play? Looking for some examples of how the various kiths might look?
Thanks to our generous Kickstarter backers, these thirteen ready-made characters cover each of the Changeling kiths. Each character is provided with background, roleplaying suggestions, art, and some potential motleys and story seeds — everything you need to immerse yourself in the Dreaming!
Coming NOW as both PDF and physical book PoD on DTRPG, we reveal The Secret of Vinsen’s Tomb, a Jumpstart adventure for Pugmire. www.drivethrurpg.com/product/232337/The-Secrets-of-Vinsens-Tomb–A-Pugmire-Jumpstart
A cat living in Pugmire disappears, but neither the police dogs nor the cats of the Cat Quarter know why. When zombies attack the heroes, however, all signs point to an invasion by the Monarchies of Mau. But how does this intrigue tie into the lost tomb of the first king of Pugmire?
The Secret of Vinsen’s Tomb is a Pugmire story for three to six characters. This jumpstart contains all the rules and characters you need to play — just grab some dice and go! You can also use this adventure with the full version of Pugmire.
The Secret of Vinsen’s Tomb contains:
• An evocative and mysterious setting that’s both family friendly and deep enough to create compelling stories.
• A summary of Pugmire’s traditional fantasy rules system. It’s designed for streamlined play, with an emphasis on cooperation and action over competition and violence.
• A complete adventure for a Guide to run for three to six players. Also useful for Guides running a full Pugmire game of first or second level characters!
• Six ready-to-play characters, so you can jump into the action.
Can your good dogs discover the secret of Vinsen’s Tomb?
Also available NOW, are two physical PoD spell card packs and PDFs for Pugmire: the Artisans‘ and the Shepherds‘ spells.
Ask the darkness, and it shall answer: the Beast: The Primordial Player’s Guide Advance PDF will answer your questions now that it is live on DTRPG.com! http://drivethrurpg.com/product/236135/Beast-Players-Guide
The Beast Player’s Guide expands on the material presented in Beast: The Primordial, with additional information on the Families and Hungers, what it feels like to be a Beast and experience the Devouring, and how to commune with the Dark Mother. You’ll also find two new Families and two new Hungers!
The book also includes a plethora of new Atavisms, Nightmares, Merits, and Birthrights, as well as systems for creating smaller, subservient versions of the Horror, new forms of Inheritance, and details on the mysterious Obcasus Rites.
With a howl of RAGE, the W20 Changing Ways PDF and physical book PoD charges at you now on DTRPG.com! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/229183/W20-Changing-Ways
Changing Ways is an in-depth look at what it means to be a werewolf, both on a personal level and as part of a pack. It digs deep into what it feels like to have bones re-knit after breaking, the range of senses available across all forms, and the sudden heady rush of the Gifts and Rites bestowed by spirits. It also provides a look at what life is like for lupus and metis werewolves, characters who have had experiences alien to any person. It shows the many ways that werewolves organize in packs, and how those packs are designed as groups of warriors, rather than aligned to the behavior of wolves.
Changing Ways contains:
• A detailed look at what it means to grow up as a lupus or metis werewolf, and how that colors a character’s perspective.
• More information on what it feels like to be a werewolf, a creature that changes in both body and mind.
• Frameworks and organizations for packs, along with new tactics and systems for forging the pack as part of play.
Appearing now on DriveThruRPG are the PDF and PoD physical book versions of Arms of the Chosen for Exalted 3rd Edition! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/226224/Arms-of-the-Chosen
Take up the panoply of legendary heroes and lost ages, and awaken the world-shaking might of their Evocations. Before the dawn of time, the Exalted wielded god-metal blades to cast down the makers of the universe. In an ancient epoch of forgotten glories, Creation’s greatest artificers forged unimaginable wonders and miracle-machines.
Now, in the Age of Sorrows, kingdoms go to war over potent artifacts, scavenger princes risk everything to uncover relics of the past, and the Exalted forge great arms and armor on the anvil of legend. These treasures are yours to master.
Discover the mystical power of the five magical materials and the secrets of creating your own Evocations. Wield weapons of fabled might and don the armor of mythic heroes, making their puissance your own. Claim Creation’s wonders: the miraculous tools of the Chosen, living automatons, flying machines, hearthstones, and more. And unleash the mighty warstriders, titanic god-engines of conquest and devastation, to once more shake Creation with their footfalls.
We unveil Vampire: The Requiem 2e‘s Half-Damned as PDF and PoD versions now on DTRPG.com!
I love her, she’s family, but I don’t love what she is.
– Antonio Ramírez, dhampir
This book includes:
• An exploration of what it means to be one of the Half-Damned, dhampir, revenants or ghouls.
• Mechanics for creating Half-Damned characters.
• Information for creating and running chronicles using the various Half-Damned character types, both with vampires and alone.
• Information on Half-Damned antagonists for vampire chronicles.
Fast Eddy Webb will be attending the East Coast Game Designers Conference (ECGC) all next week in Raleigh, NC, where he’ll be presenting a seminar called “Writing for Franchises”.
So if you are going and want to meet up, let us know!
And now, the new project status updates!
DEVELOPMENT STATUS FROM FAST EDDY WEBB (projects in bold have changed status since last week):
First Draft (The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
- M20 Book of the Fallen (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- C20 Novel (Jackie Cassada) (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- M20 The Technocracy Reloaded (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- M20 Victorian Mage (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Spilled Blood (Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition)
- CofD Dark Eras 2 (Chronicles of Darkness)
- Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon (Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd Edition)
- C20 Players’ Guide (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Wr20 Book of Oblivion (Wraith: The Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Aeon Aexpansion (Trinity Continuum: Aeon)
- Guide to the Night (Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition)
- CofD Contagion Chronicle (Chronicles of Darkness)
- Deviant: The Renegades (Deviant: The Renegades)
- Dystopia Rising: Evolution (Dystopia Rising: Evolution)
- WoD Ghost Hunters (World of Darkness)
- Tales of Good Dogs – Pugmire Fiction Anthology (Pugmire)
- M20 Gods and Monsters (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Signs of Sorcery (Mage: the Awakening Second Edition)
- Night Horrors: The Tormented (Promethean: The Created 2nd Edition)
- Hunter: the Vigil 2e core (Hunter: the Vigil 2nd Edition)
- Fetch Quest (Pugmire)
- They Came From Beneath the Sea! Rulebook (TCFBtS!)
WW Manuscript Approval:
- GtS Geist 2e core (Geist: the Sin-Eaters Second Edition)
- Ex Novel 2 (Aaron Rosenberg) (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Exalted 3rd Novel by Matt Forbeck (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition, featuring the Huntsmen Chronicle (Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition)
- Dragon-Blooded (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Pan’s Guide for New Pioneers (Pugmire)
- The Realm (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Kithbook Boggans (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Scion: Hero (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Trinity Continuum Core Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
- Trinity Continuum: Aeon Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
- Monarchies of Mau (Monarchies of Mau)
- Handbook of the Recently Deceased (Wraith: The Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition)
ART DIRECTION FROM MIRTHFUL MIKE:
In Art Direction
- Ex3 Monthly Stuff
- Scion Hero
- Changeling: the Lost 2 – Sketches and finals coming in.
- Trinity Continuum
- Boggans – Contracted.
- Monarchies of Mau
- Wr20 Guide for Newly Departed – Getting notes and contract together for Gaydos.
- Scion Origin
- Wraith 20 Screen
- Fetch Quest – Art coming in. Working on the logo and updated cards. KS How To Play video being shot.
- EX3 Dragon Blooded
- Book of Freeholds – Waiting on Cover text so I can wrap it up.
- Cavaliers of Mars
- Beckett Screen – At shipper.
- Scarred Land PGs & Wise and the Wicked PF & 5e – At fulfillment shipper. PDF and PoD physical book versions on sale at DTRPG.
- Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition – Rewards are shipping.
- Prince’s Gambit – Being sent to the US.
- V20 Beckett’s Jyhad Diary– Deluxe edition files at printer. Interior proof approved, printing now.
- Scion Dice – At fulfillment shipper.
- Wraith 20 – Errata phase.
- Beast PG – Advance PDF on sale at DTRPG.com, PoD proof ordered.
- DtD Enemy Action – Advance PDF on sale at DTRPG.com, PoD on sale this Wednesday.
- SL Champions of the Scarred Lands Anthology PoD – Uploaded and processing.
- Pugmire – Pan’s Explorer’s Guide (or whatever) – Backer PDFs going out.
TODAY’S REASON TO CELEBRATE: Friday the 13th is this week, and it just makes common sense that it’d be a great day for all of us here at Onyx Path and yourselves. It makes Uncommon Sense for you all to keep your eyes and ears open for an exciting new project from us that will premiere on that auspicious day. A clue: 3 go into 13 how many times? I dunno, that sounds like the maths, but it promises to be a lot of fun!
49 responses to “Elemental, My Dear Dragon-Blooded! [Monday Meeting Notes]”
“Frex, somebody messaged me wanting to know why the Exalted Essay book was so late. I had to step back and think about where they were coming from with that –”
You really had to think about that, did you? The fact that the Ex3 KS was in May 9 2013 wasn’t “where they were coming from” enough for you?
Did you read the whole point of what I posted there? There’s no estimated date on that book, so calling it late actually makes no sense from my context of putting our effort towards getting the game books back on track.
Sure. I didn’t back that KS so I’ve not been invested in the stretch goals anyway. But even though I wasn’t a backer for that one, it’s hard to ignore the fact that five years have passed and some expectations usually come, whether there are estimated delivery dates or not. Using the lack of estimated dates as a justification feels like a cheap way to shrug it off in my opinion.
No shrugging has taken place.
On further reflection I want to apologize for the condescending tone in my original post. I still stand by my opinions, but the way I expressed them was unnecessary.
Rich, if I may:
I think that people DO expect the stretch goals to be delivered in an admitted, reasonable amount of time.
While you guys don’t set dates for them, I don’t think it’s unreasonable for your fans to expect them to be delivered sometime soon after the KS product is delivered; especially if that KS is already late.
If you think otherwise, then hey, that’s fine too. It’s your company. But I can certainly empathize with backers who would like stretch goals delivered within a certain time frame.
Perhaps, a notice on all the Kickstarters in the future? That stretch goals may take years after the KS is delivered before they, too are delivered?
Perhaps I didn’t express my point clearly. It’s not that anyone is unreasonable to expect their definition of timely books, it’s that it is important to grasp the reasons why folks have the context that they do. That goes both ways, too.
As someone who did ask you about it a couple times in the last month, my main concern was that it was completely forgotten about. While the music suite and novels are largely out of your hands, the essay collection seemed like something you could be working on and weren’t. I admit, I don’t know all that would go into making something like that, but that was my concern, when I, and I imagine others, asked about it. I’m glad to know that’s not the case, but in the future maybe just let backers know that a stretch goal that is taking a while hasn’t been ignored or forgotten, because radio silence just leaves people concerned and confused.
Oh my goodness! Geist 2E is in approval! Oh god oh god oh god! I’m unbearably excited!
Speaking of Geist 2e, will it get a kickstarter? if So, do you guys have an idea of when?
Pretty good chance of a KS after the wonderful reaction to the Lost 2nd KS, yes.
I love Geist and am incredibly excited to see it going for manuscript approvals and to hear that a KS for Geist 2E has a pretty good chance of happening 🙂 already setting money aside for it!
I would back a Geist kickstarter the second I heard about it, without question. I LOVE Onyx Path’s Kickstarters.
So are we!
A clue: 3 go into 13 how many times?
4. 4 is the number of producers who worked on Half Life 2. Half Life 3, the Onyx Path Edition, confirmed.
And there you go! (No, not really).
Three goes into thirteen twice as in THIRT33EN.
Oh, that’s very nice. Wish I’d thought of it!
That would have worked better if you had removed that E :p
I know right? I forgot
No, no, no. You’ve got it all wrong. There’s only two threes if you misspell thirteen. There’s only one 3 in 13. If you take that away, you’re left with 1. Clearly, this is meant to bring to mind Onyx Path’s slogan, “Many Worlds, One Path!” 🙂
Guuuys, there’s too much stuff on the development notes that I want. Can I have it all right now instead of giving you a chance to write and edit them properly? It’s all basically stretch goals from VtM anyways!
Okay. My second try. Is this about the three vampires sired by Caine. The Three that in turn sired thirteen antidilluvians?
If your whole guess is a huge metaphor, then maybe?
I got metaphors on my mine.because I’m majoring on Literature both Portuguese and English,and my classes are full of metaphors
My middle name is Enoch.
Weird, mine’s Zillah.
East Coast Dame Designers Conference (ECGC)
While this sounds like a party I want to go to, I do not believe it was your intention. Maybe this is a thing that needs to happen though. Kind of a red hat society but with cigars and whiskey and noir detectives trying to figure out why They can’t get an invite
Yep, it’s that Turner Classic Movies course in Noir that Eddy and I took online sneaking in. Thanks for the catch.
3 goes into 13 4 and 1/3 times… making April, 13th! That’s the clue! We’ll find out what it is on friday! /s 😉
Which is true, no matter how you got there!
I’m loving the Dragon-Blooded Kickstarter! I’m so glad you added the tier for getting the EX3 core deluxe as well! What’s next, Exigents? Lunars? It would be good to see a new book enter the Blurbs section at long last.
Hey Corey, the devs have said the next big book up will be Lunars. They’re working on it in redevelopment prior to the first draft currently. They’ve talked about it a bit on the forum. They wanted to move Lunars up ahead of Exigents because with Lunars and Dragon Blooded out, fewer people will be ‘blocked’ from playing Ex3.
In addition, there’s plans for a setting book between Lunars and Exigents (no details on what, yet), and they’re hoping to also have a Storyteller’s Guide in that slot as well.
I’m very happily backing the DB KS. With new charms today and next week, I have a lot of work ahead of me building out NPCs for my ongoing campaign.
@Rich, can we can a couple updates to the Current Projects page? I’d love to see blurbs for the Exalted and C20 novels and the C20 Players Guide.
I’ll pass that on to Ian, no problem.
One might say 3 into 13 is the sign of four, which is a bit elementary for maths. But I might be reading into the post title…
I saw that cavalier of Mars is in Proofing stage since two or three weeks, are we expecting the PDF in a month maybe or the project is still far away from web release?
No estimates, but we are hoping that proofing will be finished soon. As Onyx Path is partnered with Rose Bailey on this project, which is her brainchild, we want to be sure she’s happy with the layout.
I know this is a random thing that probably no one else cares about, but with BOO hitting the timeline every kickstarter stretch goal from the CWoD kickstarters that have happened so far has at least started progress. I feel like this is a pretty big milestone (also a project I’m fantastically excited about).
I’m excited about it too, and co-developing it with ebullient Bruce Baugh!
Oh, we care about it. A lot. We are constantly chipping away at that list.
Saw the note about Pan’s Explorer’s Guide backer PDFs going out, but I haven’t received an e-mail yet. Did they all get sent already, or are they still being worked through?
They haven’t been sent yet. We had a few little tweaks to do.
Awesome, just wanted to make sure I hadn’t missed it. Thanks!
When the links are sent out they will then be present in your Digital Downloads section on BackerKit. No worries!
Any word on the new announcement yet???
Our three in-house Devs: Dixie, Eddy, and the urbane Matthew Dawkins will be putting out a bi-weekly Podcast, the Onyx Pathcast, discussing our projects, processes, and inside stories, plus their insight on popular culture, crazy fun stuff, and really anything that comes into their troubled minds!