The answer to the question in our title will be revealed later in this blog, but for now, how about this map of the Blessed Isle from the Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought book currently being Kickstarted?
We just opened up a new pair of Add-ons with the Dragon-Blooded Kickstarter: this Blessed Isle map and a reprint of the original EX3 map of Creation from the Exalted 3rd Kickstarter. Both printed on the heavy canvas that we used back when for the first printing of the Creation map. Costs for that material have risen, but it’ll be worth it for such a high quality printing lovely enough to hang on any wall (but particular a gaming room)!
With our original print-run of the canvas map of Creation having completely sold out in like a day on IPR, we thought this would be a good time to reprint since there are obviously still folks out there who want them. Combine that with the reward tier that includes both the Deluxe Dragon-Blooded book and the Deluxe Exalted 3rd book, and you’ve got the makings of some fine games.
On to our big news from last week!
As I’ve been teasing these last few weeks, we unveiled the first episode of the Onyx Pathcast podcast this last Friday (the 13th) to what can only be described as wild enthusiasm! Which is really great, because our three hosts (hence the three mentioned in my teasers), Dixie Cochran, Eddy Webb, and Matthew Dawkins are so revved up and rarin’ to go that they’ve got topics, guests, and ideas for weeks and weeks to come.
Here’s a link to our blog announcement: https://theonyxpath.com/episode-one-a-beginning/
So, that’ll tell you the basics about what the Onyx Pathcast is: a free-wheeling romp with our three hosts through what Onyx Path is up to and why. Along with inside looks at upcoming projects, advice on getting into this wacky business, interviews with creators and fans, and asides and references to all the interests and media we all share.
But let me let you in on how this whole thing happened to happen.
Some of you might remember that Fast Eddy Webb actually had a pretty well-regarded and timely podcast about a decade ago while he was at White Wolf and even into the CCP years. He and I have talked about reviving something like that for a while, but the problem was that it felt like we’d been there and done that. As excellent and fun as that that was.
Meanwhile, Mister Matthew Dawkins had become known for his broadcasts on his Gentleman Gamer YouTube channel, but was open to trying something else with Eddy that could be their way of putting out their thoughts and ideas. (The whole idea might have started with wanting to rant about professional wrestling, but don’t quote me on that. It might be a base canard). If you’ve never watched any of his vids, you should really check them out. There’s at least one fascinating interview with a devilishly good-looking founder of what was then a brand-new TTRPG company that sounds something like Ronyx Rath.
When we pivoted the company into our current configuration with Dixie joining Eddy and Matthew as our in-house developer team, they all got really excited about the possibilities for a podcast with all three of them bouncing their ideas and asides off each other. I think it was Dixie who coined the Onyx Pathcast as a title – which might be something she’ll regret as I liked it and we are running with it now!
For us, this is our first step into further Onyx Path-based ongoing online content, and we wanted to start with something that the Terrible Trio (or Terrific Trio, as I switch back and forth calling them) felt they could do well in the medium and grow with. We’re getting on Google Play for Android (it might be there already) and will be on iTunes as soon as we can make that happen. We’re adding a video montage and new logos for the show in order to post it on our YouTube channel, and we’ll see if folks enjoy it there.
The next is episode is April 27th as they intend these to come out every two weeks, and will feature the Trio interviewing the talented and busy Meghan Fitzgerald about her many projects for us, including Changeling: The Lost 2nd, and the Exalted 3rd monthly releases. Check it out!
Also going live on April 27th is the Slarecian Vault: Scarred Lands Community Content site on DTRPG.com! We’re thrilled to be able to open up this legendary setting for projects created by the Scarred Lands‘ community that has loved and been loyal to the battered but still epic world of Scarn. As we look to the next phase of rebooting the Scarred Lands for play in a time of D&D 5e and Pathfinder, both on tabletop and virtual tabletop, we’re really looking forward to seeing what our community dives into in the rich wealth of possibilities offered by Scarred Lands.
In a lot of ways, having our community create and spread ideas for SL is the best chance to get this setting we love into the hands of the much larger PF and 5e communities – who we think will love Scarred Lands once they know about it – since the d20 craze when we first launched it.
Finally: How Do You Get To Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice! But in the case of LisaT and myself, you get there because you have talented kids who sing and their HS choral groups sing there. Which is what our son will be doing for his last time in High School next Monday. Unfortunately, right during our Monday Meeting!
Fortunately, Mighty Matt McElroy has volunteered to both run the meeting and to post next week’s Monday Meeting Notes blog in my absence. He’ll also be telling you about our new and exciting plans for the rest of our Onyx Path blogs, not to be overshadowed by the Pathcast!
Hopefully, this Herculean task does not overcome even Mighty Matt’s mighty thews! I’m sure that if all of you think evil thoughts, that will power him up. (Usually he prefers lots and lots of caffeine, but this is a special case).
So, until I talk with you all two weeks from now, remember our inspirational Onyx Path motto:
Many Worlds, One Path!
We’re at just over a week to go for EX3‘s Dragon-Blooded Kickstarter and we’re over 400% funded with over 1850 backers so far!
We’ve hit 24 Stretch Goal rewards, and counting, including a t-shirt, two more silk bookmarks (at least!), increased art budget, a Dragon-Blooded novella, adding on the Storyteller Screen, opening up additional Reward Tiers for more custom charms and artifacts; new Charms, 2 sections of info on Lookshy, 2 sections on the Forest Witches, 2 sections on Outcastes, Cadet Houses, and Prasad to the Heirs to the Shogunate Dragon-Blooded Companion PDF and lots more! Phew!
Thanks so much for everybody’s support so far! Even though we’re doing great, the best is yet to come and we hope that folks can get the word out on their social media and to their friends. Everybody deserves a chance to check out this latest EX3 “fatsplat” for the most elemental of the Exalted.
Which every backer can do, because each week of the campaign we’re releasing a quarter of the Dragon-Blooded book’s text so that backers can check the whole thing out by the time we are done. We think you’ll really love what we’ve done with the DBs, but if for some reason you don’t, you can drop your pledge before the KS is over and walk away easy peasy!
So, here’s the link and see you there! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/dragon-blooded-what-fire-has-wrought-for-exalted-3
As we try and find ways to enable our community to more easily play our games, the Onyx Dice Rolling App is now live! Our dev team has been doing updates since we launched based on the excellent use-case comments by our community, and this thing is both rolling and rocking!
The devs have added a whole bunch of new game lines’ dice and rolling bg’s and got caught by a bug Apple needed to fix, so be sure to update your app and soon that should be fixed.
There’s been tweaks to all elements of the UI, you can now preview every die type in the store, and you can use multiple die types per roll! Here are the links for the Apple and Android versions:
Three different screenshots, above.
(The Solar Anima special Dice above)
ON AMAZON AND BARNES & NOBLE:
You can now read our fiction from the comfort and convenience of your Kindle (from Amazon) and Nook (from Barnes & Noble).
Our latest fiction offerings are a classic Scarred Lands fantasy book, and our latest Chronicles of Darkness anthology: the Huntsmen Chronicles for Changeling: The Lost 2nd Edition!
If you enjoy these or any other of our books, please help us by writing reviews on the site of the sales venue you bought it from. Reviews really, really help us with getting folks interested in our amazing fiction!
Our initial selection includes these fiction anthologies:
- Vampire: The Masquerade: The Endless Ages Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Rites of Renown: When Will You Rage II (Kindle, Nook)
- Mage: The Ascension: Truth Beyond Paradox (Kindle, Nook)
- Chronicles of Darkness: The God-Machine Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Mummy: The Curse: Curse of the Blue Nile (Kindle, Nook)
- Beast: The Primordial: The Primordial Feast Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
And here are six more fiction books:
- Vampire: The Masquerade: Of Predators and Prey: The Hunters Hunted II Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: The Poison Tree (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Songs of the Sun and Moon: Tales of the Changing Breeds (Kindle, Nook)
- Vampire: The Requiem: The Strix Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Forsaken: The Idigam Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Mage: The Awakening: The Fallen World Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
Andand six more more:
- Vampire: The Masquerade: The Beast Within Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse: W20 Cookbook (Kindle, Nook)
- Exalted: Tales from the Age of Sorrows (Kindle, Nook)
- Chronicles of Darkness: Tales of the Dark Eras (Kindle, Nook)
- Promethean: The Created: The Firestorm Chronicle Anthology (Kindle, Nook)
- Demon: The Descent: Demon: Interface (Kindle, Nook)
And even more books are now on Amazon and the Nook store!:
- Scarred Lands: Death in the Walled Warren (Kindle, Nook)
- V20 Dark Ages: Cainite Conspiracies (Kindle, Nook)
- Chronicles of Darkness: Strangeness in the Proportion (Kindle, Nook)
- Vampire: The Requiem: Silent Knife (Kindle, Nook)
- Mummy: The Curse: Dawn of Heresies (Kindle, Nook)
OUR SALES PARTNERS:
We’re working with Studio2 to get Pugmire out into stores, as well as to individuals through their online store. You can pick up the traditionally printed main book, the Screen, and the official Pugmire dice through our friends there!
Looking for our Deluxe or Prestige Edition books? Try this link! http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Onyx-Path-Publishing/
Here’s the link to the press release we put out about how Onyx Path is now selling through Indie Press Revolution: https://theonyxpath.com/press-release-onyx-path-limited-editions-now-available-through-indie-press-revolution/
You can now order wave 2 of our Deluxe and Prestige print overrun books, including Deluxe Mage 20th Anniversary, and Deluxe V20 Dark Ages! And Screens…so many Screens!
And you can now order Pugmire: the book, the screen, and the dice! http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=296
Wave 3 of our extra Kickstarter projects is now on sale at IPR!
Here are the direct links for the Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras Prestige Edition: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Chronicles-of-Darkness-Dark-Eras-Prestige-Edition.html
Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras Storytellers’ Screen: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Chronicles-of-Darkness-Dark-Eras-Storytellers-Screen.html
Deluxe Exalted 3rd Edition: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Exalted-3rd-Edition-Deluxe-Edition.html
Ultra-Deluxe (Orichalcum) Exalted 3rd Edition: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Exalted-3rd-Edition-Ultra-Deluxe.html
Exalted 3rd Edition Storytellers’ Screen: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Exalted-3rd-Edition-Storytellers-Screen.html
EX3 Chibi Bookmarks: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/Exalted-3rd-Edition-Chibi-Bookmarks.html
Deluxe W20 Shattered Dreams: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/W20-Shattered-Dreams-Deluxe-Edition.html
W20 Shattered Dreams Storytellers’ Screen: http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/W20-Shattered-Dreams-Storytellers-Screen.html
Plus price adjustments on M20, Book of the Wyrm, Anarchs Unbound and a
few other projects!
Ask the darkness, and it shall answer: the Beast: The Primordial Player’s Guide PDF and physical book PoD versions will answer your questions Wednesday! on DTRPG.com! http://drivethrurpg.com/product/236135/Beast-Players-Guide
The Beast Player’s Guide expands on the material presented in Beast: The Primordial, with additional information on the Families and Hungers, what it feels like to be a Beast and experience the Devouring, and how to commune with the Dark Mother. You’ll also find two new Families and two new Hungers!
The book also includes a plethora of new Atavisms, Nightmares, Merits, and Birthrights, as well as systems for creating smaller, subservient versions of the Horror, new forms of Inheritance, and details on the mysterious Obcasus Rites.
There are some things that even a Demon fears – Night Horrors: Enemy Action for Demon: The Descent has arrived in PDF and physical book PoD versions: http://drivethrurpg.com/product/236133/Night-Horrors-Enemy-Action
“Fighting the Machine is like fighting the ocean. You literally cannot hurt it. Doesn’t matter how much poison we dump into the ocean. We’ll only kill the things in it. We’ll never kill it. Same with the God-Machine. Kill angels, traitors, stigmatics, cultists, cryptids, whatever, you’ll never hurt the Machine Itself. No, that doesn’t mean we stop trying. You stop trying, you drown. Screw that.”
—Mr. Bliss, Guardian Inquisitor
Night Horrors: Enemy Action includes:
• Dozens of Storyteller characters, including Unchained, angels, exiles, cryptids, and stigmatics, for use as antagonists, allies, or just inspiration
• Multiple plot hooks and story seeds for your Demon: The Descent chronicles
• A brief look at cults in Demon, including the Ten Thousand Names of God, a secret society fueled by the God-Machine
When you need a Changeling 20th character and a way to get started with C20: here are the C20 Ready Made Characters in PDF and physical book PoD versions! Available on DriveThruRPG.com! http://drivethrurpg.com/product/225641/C20-Ready-Made-Characters
Running a one-shot game of Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition? Starting up a chronicle with new players who aren’t sure what to play? Looking for some examples of how the various kiths might look?
Thanks to our generous Kickstarter backers, these thirteen ready-made characters cover each of the Changeling kiths. Each character is provided with background, roleplaying suggestions, art, and some potential motleys and story seeds — everything you need to immerse yourself in the Dreaming!
Coming NOW as both PDF and physical book PoD on DTRPG, we reveal The Secret of Vinsen’s Tomb, a Jumpstart adventure for Pugmire. www.drivethrurpg.com/product/232337/The-Secrets-of-Vinsens-Tomb–A-Pugmire-Jumpstart
A cat living in Pugmire disappears, but neither the police dogs nor the cats of the Cat Quarter know why. When zombies attack the heroes, however, all signs point to an invasion by the Monarchies of Mau. But how does this intrigue tie into the lost tomb of the first king of Pugmire?
The Secret of Vinsen’s Tomb is a Pugmire story for three to six characters. This jumpstart contains all the rules and characters you need to play — just grab some dice and go! You can also use this adventure with the full version of Pugmire.
The Secret of Vinsen’s Tomb contains:
• An evocative and mysterious setting that’s both family friendly and deep enough to create compelling stories.
• A summary of Pugmire’s traditional fantasy rules system. It’s designed for streamlined play, with an emphasis on cooperation and action over competition and violence.
• A complete adventure for a Guide to run for three to six players. Also useful for Guides running a full Pugmire game of first or second level characters!
• Six ready-to-play characters, so you can jump into the action.
Can your good dogs discover the secret of Vinsen’s Tomb?
Also available NOW, are two physical PoD spell card packs and PDFs for Pugmire: the Artisans‘ and the Shepherds‘ spells.
Appearing now on DriveThruRPG are the PDF and PoD physical book versions of Arms of the Chosen for Exalted 3rd Edition! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/226224/Arms-of-the-Chosen
Take up the panoply of legendary heroes and lost ages, and awaken the world-shaking might of their Evocations. Before the dawn of time, the Exalted wielded god-metal blades to cast down the makers of the universe. In an ancient epoch of forgotten glories, Creation’s greatest artificers forged unimaginable wonders and miracle-machines.
Now, in the Age of Sorrows, kingdoms go to war over potent artifacts, scavenger princes risk everything to uncover relics of the past, and the Exalted forge great arms and armor on the anvil of legend. These treasures are yours to master.
Discover the mystical power of the five magical materials and the secrets of creating your own Evocations. Wield weapons of fabled might and don the armor of mythic heroes, making their puissance your own. Claim Creation’s wonders: the miraculous tools of the Chosen, living automatons, flying machines, hearthstones, and more. And unleash the mighty warstriders, titanic god-engines of conquest and devastation, to once more shake Creation with their footfalls.
Fast Eddy Webb will be attending the East Coast Game Designers Conference (ECGC) all this week in Raleigh, NC, where he’ll be presenting a seminar called “Writing for Franchises”.
So if you are going and want to meet up, let us know!
And now, the new project status updates!
DEVELOPMENT STATUS FROM FAST EDDY WEBB (projects in bold have changed status since last week):
First Draft (The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
- M20 Book of the Fallen (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- C20 Novel (Jackie Cassada) (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- M20 The Technocracy Reloaded (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- M20 Victorian Mage (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Spilled Blood (Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition)
- CofD Dark Eras 2 (Chronicles of Darkness)
- Night Horrors: Shunned by the Moon (Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd Edition)
- C20 Players’ Guide (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Wr20 Book of Oblivion (Wraith: The Oblivion 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Aeon Aexpansion (Trinity Continuum: Aeon)
- In Media Res (Trinity Continuum: Core)
- CofD Contagion Chronicle (Chronicles of Darkness)
- Deviant: The Renegades (Deviant: The Renegades)
- Dystopia Rising: Evolution (Dystopia Rising: Evolution)
- WoD Ghost Hunters (World of Darkness)
- Tales of Good Dogs – Pugmire Fiction Anthology (Pugmire)
- M20 Gods and Monsters (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Guide to the Night (Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition)
- Signs of Sorcery (Mage: the Awakening Second Edition)
- Night Horrors: The Tormented (Promethean: The Created 2nd Edition)
- Hunter: the Vigil 2e core (Hunter: the Vigil 2nd Edition)
- Fetch Quest (Pugmire)
- They Came From Beneath the Sea! Rulebook (TCFBtS!)
WW Manuscript Approval:
- GtS Geist 2e core (Geist: the Sin-Eaters Second Edition)
- Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition, featuring the Huntsmen Chronicle (Changeling: the Lost 2nd Edition)
- Dragon-Blooded (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- The Realm (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Kithbook Boggans (Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition)
- Scion: Hero (Scion 2nd Edition)
- Trinity Continuum Core Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
- Trinity Continuum: Aeon Rulebook (The Trinity Continuum)
- Ex Novel 2 (Aaron Rosenberg) (Exalted 3rd Edition)
- Exalted 3rd Novel by Matt Forbeck (Exalted 3rd Edition)
ART DIRECTION FROM MIRTHFUL MIKE:
In Art Direction
- Ex3 Monthly Stuff
- Scion Hero
- Changeling: the Lost 2 – Sketches and finals coming in.
- Trinity Continuum
- Boggans – Contracted.
- Wr20 Guide for Newly Departed – Everything with Gaydos.
- Wraith 20 Screen
- Fetch Quest – Working on the logo. KS How To Play video was shot last week.
- EX3 Dragon Blooded
- Monarchies of Mau
- Cavaliers of Mars – Splats and map should be in by end of the month.
- Scion Origin
- Beckett Screen – At shipper.
- Scarred Land PGs & Wise and the Wicked PF & 5e – At fulfillment shipper. PDF and PoD physical book versions on sale at DTRPG.
- Changeling: the Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition – Rewards are shipping.
- Prince’s Gambit – Being sent to the US.
- V20 Beckett’s Jyhad Diary– Deluxe edition files at printer. Interior proof approved, printing now.
- Scion Dice – At fulfillment shipper.
- Wraith 20 – Errata phase.
- Beast PG – Final PDF and physical book PoD on sale Wednesday at DTRPG.com.
- SL Champions of the Scarred Lands Anthology PoD – Uploaded and processing.
- Pugmire – Pan’s Explorer’s Guide (or whatever) – Backer PDFs out, errata?
- Book of Freeholds – Backer PDF out to backers, errata being posted.
TODAY’S REASON TO CELEBRATE: I know it sounds strange, but tomorrow is Tax Day in the US, and getting that adulting milestone accomplished every year – whether it’s a refund or payment – means you settled up with the real world once more. Maybe it’ll leave us to our games and fun for another year now that the sacrifice has been made!
8 responses to “How Do You Get To Carnegie Hall? [Monday Meeting Notes]”
Carnegie Hall? That’s awesome! Your son must be super excited!
Definitely loving the Onyx Pathcast. It was cool to hear everyone talk about how they got into the industry and the Contagion preview was defintely appreciated. Although is it weird that I found Eddy’s voice way more lyric than I imagined it?
Looking forward to the next one!
Exactly what kind material will be in the C20 Player’s guide? The core has so much, I’m wondering what other awesome things could be handed to us.
So many awesome things! There are some things I’ve been wanting to see in the game for just about two decades now. There are other things I had no idea I wanted until I read the outline. I’ve been having so much fun working on my section!
Sounds intriguing, can’t wait to see what you guys come up with!
I’m really excited to hear about the Slarecian Vault going live. I’m still trying to get caught up on the original third edition material.
Any chance we might get a glimpse of the logo before launch?
I just want to see Lunars hit the list somewhere. The Dragon-Blooded Kickstarter is a lot of fun, but it just makes us all hungry for more!
Is the map of Creation going to be reprinted for sale on IPR again or is it just the map of the blessed isle being made for backers of DB’s?
Like the first time, that depends on whether we have any left over after the backers get their pledged rewards. They sold out fast on IPR this last time, so even if we do the only sure way to get them is to back the Dragon-blooded KS where you’ll basically be having yours printed for you.